Help with gas

Old June 28th 04, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Box 666

Default Help with gas

I am new to this, can anybody advise me how to tell how much gas you have
left in a gas bottle?

Is there a ""pressure gauge" gadget of some sort that you can fit to the top
of the bottle?

With thanks

Bob

Old June 28th 04, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Reg

'Gaslow' do regulators with built in gauges to show how low the gas is.
They are not particularly cheap but do seem to do the job! Should be
available at your local dealer.

Old June 28th 04, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On 28-Jun-2004, "Box 666" wrote:

Is there a ""pressure gauge" gadget of some sort that you can fit to the
top
of the bottle?

Gaslow make one see:

http://www.gaslow.co.uk/pdf/retail_prices2004.pdf

or

http://www.caravanning-online.co.uk/...og/Gaslow.html

Mike
Old June 28th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barry Kensett

For the last forty years I have carried a small spring balance in the van,
works a treat and very accurate which pressure gauges are not. Just weigh
the bottle plus gas and deduct the weight of the bottle which is marked on
it.
Barry

Old June 28th 04, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jimbo

Box 666 Posted Snip----
Is there a ""pressure gauge" gadget of some sort that you can fit to

the top
of the bottle?

----End Snip

It would appear cheaper to carry a spare gas bottle (maybe a small one,
get you throught the night) or a full replacement even

A gauge is just going to tell you that you are about to run out in x
hours use
so you will have to get a refill before your own bottle is empty anyway,
so
it would make since to run with a spare

Jimbo

Chillu chi nun si fa l'affari sua, ccý la linterna va circanný guai:
He who doesn't mind his own business uses his lantern to look for
trouble.

Old June 28th 04, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:31:36 +0100, "Reg"
wrote:

'Gaslow' do regulators with built in gauges to show how low the gas is.
They are not particularly cheap but do seem to do the job! Should be
available at your local dealer.

The gaslow regulator gives you very little notice that you are about
to run out, IT's first indication of low supplies gives you notice
that the pressure is starting to drop, ie that whatever is left in the
bottle is at a lower pressure than the regulator is set to provide.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old June 29th 04, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Yes mate. Gaslow do a combined gauge and regulator. They do them for Butane and
Propane so whatever system you use there is one to suit. Cost is about £20 and
they are available from your local caravan/trailer accessory shop.

Cheers, Peter.

:

Old June 29th 04, 07:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Box 666" wrote in message
I am new to this, can anybody advise me how to tell how much gas you have
left in a gas bottle?

Is there a ""pressure gauge" gadget of some sort that you can fit to the

top
of the bottle?

As the pressure in the bottle is determined by the pressure needed to keep
the LPG in a liquid state then a pressure guage is pretty useless until the
level drops so low that what's remaining is unable to boil quickly enough to
replenish what you're taking off the top. Weighing the bottles is the best
way to tell what's remaining although there are thermometer type things you
can stick on the side of the bottle and they show the level of the liquid
but only work when you're using the gas. Best bet is just get two bottles.

Rgds

Andy R

Old June 29th 04, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

The cheapest option is to just lift it and shake.

Or just stick it on the bathroom scales. Next time it is empty, you can get
the tare and can work out exactly how many kg are left.

Christian.