Bradcot awning bad design of caravan side pads.

Old June 30th 04, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Bradcot awning bad design of caravan side pads.

Hi,
I have a 2003 Bradcott classic the 3 triangular pads that fit over the
plastic hook pads which are fitted to the awning keep coming off.
Anyone found a solution?
Have you used an adhesive?
I'm thinking of looking at spares for other makes of awning, my thought is
that the strip arround the awning may well be 'standard' size to all makes.

Also I find the ladder rubbers for the pegs a problem as they are not
permanent fitting. My porch awning has ladder rubbers but they are sewn on.
Previous awning used old fashioned rubber rings.

Please reply to News Group.

Old June 30th 04, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Kevin Murphy

David
I had exactly the same problem last year. I bought a brand new Bradcot
Active for my brand new caravan.
As a result of the bad design and the rubber pads falling off I managed to
mark the panels on the side of the van whilst trying to erect it in a strong
wind.
I did try to glue them on my next outing but they fell off again.
I complained to Bradcot direct by e mail and they told me they had just
changed the design and that they would send me free of charge a set of new
type of pad. Very helpful..
So I tried them out this year on my first outing and they worked a treat,
Alot better..

Give them a try.. All the best..
-
news[email protected]

Old June 30th 04, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
THOMAS LEA

David

I had the same problem with a Bradcott porch awning. When I bought a full awning earlier
this year the pads are a different design. I bought a pack of 5 separately from
Harringtons (Cheshire) for about 7.50.

As Kevin says they are much better.

Tom

Old July 1st 04, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"kevin murphy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
David
I had exactly the same problem last year. I bought a brand new Bradcot
Active for my brand new caravan.
As a result of the bad design and the rubber pads falling off I managed to
mark the panels on the side of the van whilst trying to erect it in a

strong
wind.
I did try to glue them on my next outing but they fell off again.
I complained to Bradcot direct by e mail and they told me they had just
changed the design and that they would send me free of charge a set of

new
type of pad. Very helpful..
So I tried them out this year on my first outing and they worked a treat,
Alot better..

Give them a try.. All the best..
-
"David" wrote in message
news[email protected]

David,

I had similar trouble with the pads on our Bradcot awning.during our recent
trip. I phoned Bradcots today and they are sending me a set of the new
type. I also had trouble with one of the upright tubes slipping slightly so
they are sending me a new locking mechanism.
Thanks for the info.

Dave

---

Old July 2nd 04, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"David" wrote in message
news[email protected]
Hi,
I have a 2003 Bradcott classic the 3 triangular pads that fit over the
plastic hook pads which are fitted to the awning keep coming off.
Anyone found a solution?
Have you used an adhesive?
I'm thinking of looking at spares for other makes of awning, my thought is
that the strip arround the awning may well be 'standard' size to all

makes.

Mine have been fine since super-glued in place as per Bradcot's
recommendation. I have two types (awning and newer porch). Whilst the design
used for the porch is better (I contemplated getting some for the awning)
Imo both need the 'glue treatment'.

Also I find the ladder rubbers for the pegs a problem as they are not
permanent fitting. My porch awning has ladder rubbers but they are sewn

on.
Previous awning used old fashioned rubber rings.

I find these fine ..... I double them over to get a good hold/lock over the
awning fixing/attachment point.

HTH ........ Richard

Old July 3rd 04, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

I tied mine on with thin nylon cord and they hold on well. Last week though
in a gale force wind in Belgium one of the pads tilted and left an
indentation about 2 mm deep in the caravan wall.

"David" wrote in message
news[email protected]
Hi,
I have a 2003 Bradcott classic the 3 triangular pads that fit over the
plastic hook pads which are fitted to the awning keep coming off.
Anyone found a solution?

snip
snip

Old July 3rd 04, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Thanks for all who have advised me.
Have been in touch with Bradcot and they are suppling me with a redesigned
set.

Regarding the ladder rubbers and making them stay on when awning not in use,
the answer to put them on doubled, I just cannot think how that is, but
will experiment when I next put awning up.

Please reply to News Group.