CL or CS in Cornwall - with a sea view....

Old June 30th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

Default CL or CS in Cornwall - with a sea view....

Hi all
Looking for a nice CL/CS in Cornwall - for next June/July (before the
kids break up). Want a hook-up (probably stay for 2 weeks) - and it
must have a sea view. Would also prefer a large field type of site -
and not a small half an acre garden style. Would also like to be as
far away from Newquay as possible!
Can anyone 'peronally' recommend anywhere nice...? I know there are
many places to search - but I've used sites from recommendations from
people before - and always been very happy.
Thanks in advance
Si
Old June 30th 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Simon Hawthorne wrote:

Hi all
Looking for a nice CL/CS in Cornwall - for next June/July (before the
kids break up). Want a hook-up (probably stay for 2 weeks) - and it
must have a sea view. Would also prefer a large field type of site -
and not a small half an acre garden style. Would also like to be as
far away from Newquay as possible!
Can anyone 'peronally' recommend anywhere nice...? I know there are
many places to search - but I've used sites from recommendations from
people before - and always been very happy.
Thanks in advance
Si

I know what a CL is, but am not so sure about a CS unless it's just a
"Caravan Site"!

I've stayed once or twice on a private site just outside Padstow, which is
quite nice and overlooks the Camel Estuary. This is a commercial site but is
not over-large. It has reasonable facilities in terms of toilets, showers,
shop, hookups etc. but doesn't normally attract the more rowdy elements. I'm
not sure whether that's the sort of thing you are looking for. I can provide
further details if it is.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old June 30th 04, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:30:00 +0100, "Hitch Lock"
wrote:

I know what a CL is, but am not so sure about a CS unless it's just a
"Caravan Site"!

Hi Hitchlock
A CS is the C&CC's equivalent of the CCs CL - stands for Certified
Site.
I really want a small and quiet site - don't need the toliet block,
bar etc. A nice farm or something like that would be ideal.....
Thanks for your reply...
Si
Old June 30th 04, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
A Pedant

"Simon Hawthorne" wrote in message

Hi Hitchlock
A CS is the C&CC's equivalent of the CCs CL - stands for Certified
Site.

Certificated Site

Old July 7th 04, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Simon Hawthorne" wrote in message

A CS is the C&CC's equivalent of the CCs CL - stands for Certified
Site.

Interesting, a CC CL is for members only and limited to 5 caravans.
I was on a site which said C&CC Certified Site at the enterance, there was
no mention of members only and no 5 limit. In fact it was just like any
other caravan site, there were about 30 caravans and 3 tents. I and others
were not members of the C&CC.

Please reply to News Group.