MGVW

Old June 30th 04, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dave lympany

Default MGVW

On my chassis draw bar plate it states mgvw 1000kg. Does this mean the
actual wieght of the `van unladen, or what it should wiegh fully loaded?

Dave

Old July 1st 04, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

That is exactly what it says MAXIMUM GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT and must not be
exceeded. Check with your dealer for the normal on-road weight which when
subtracted from the MVGW will give you a figure for what you take with you that
can be loaded into the van.

Cheers, Peter.

"dave lympany" wrote in message
: On my chassis draw bar plate it states mgvw 1000kg. Does this mean the
: actual wieght of the `van unladen, or what it should wiegh fully loaded?
:
: Dave
:
:

Old July 1st 04, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dave lympany

"Peter Milnes" wrote in message
That is exactly what it says MAXIMUM GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT and must not be
exceeded. Check with your dealer for the normal on-road weight which when
subtracted from the MVGW will give you a figure for what you take with you

that
can be loaded into the van.

Cheers, Peter.

Ok, thanks. What would be a typical kg wieght of usual items extra to
wieght of van.........how come the unladen kerb wieght of the `van is not on
plate? I would just like to know what the actual wieght of the `van is. If
anyone would know its a Trophy Silver olympic

Cheers Dave

Old July 1st 04, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

dave lympany wrote:

Ok, thanks. What would be a typical kg wieght of usual items extra to
wieght of van.........how come the unladen kerb wieght of the `van is
not on plate? I would just like to know what the actual wieght of the
`van is. If anyone would know its a Trophy Silver olympic

Cheers Dave

There's a list of items with weights in the Caravan Club handbook -
including battery, spare wheel, gas bottles, awning, TV etc. but excluding
clothes, bedding and food - which adds up to about 175 Kg.

The caravan manufacturer should be able to tell you the approx unladen
weight - but there is a production tolerance on this, and the only way to be
safe is to take it to a weighbridge.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old July 2nd 04, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dave lympany

Cheers Hitch,

Unfortunately Trophy don`t trade anymore so I`am a bit stuck on that issue,
but your comments where very useful, cheers.