**** SHARING A CHEAP FLASHER ? ****

Old July 1st 04, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

Default **** SHARING A CHEAP FLASHER ? ****

Thought a small LED flashing light on the internal door window might be an
improvement over the alarm sticker notice. So, a red flashing 12v LED
(1.10p) later, two metres of twin core hifi cable (40p) - (thin and OK
because of minimal wattage - experts tell me) soldered wires to the LED
Pins - attached with matching black tape to the rubber door window moulding
and plugged into the 12V socket. The cable is pretty well hidden to the 12v
socket by a combination of the door window blind and flynet frames.

Interested ? The longer pin on the LED is the anode (positive) and should be
connected through to the LIVE.

Mike

Old July 2nd 04, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

Picked up mine from a local high street electics/electronics shop - sort of
Maplins (where I am sure they would sell them). If you dont mind the postage
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ looks like it will supply.

"Goof" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
.. .
Thought a small LED flashing light on the internal door window might be

an
improvement over the alarm sticker notice. So, a red flashing 12v LED
(1.10p) later, two metres of twin core hifi cable (40p) - (thin and OK
because of minimal wattage - experts tell me) soldered wires to the LED
Pins - attached with matching black tape to the rubber door window

moulding
and plugged into the 12V socket. The cable is pretty well hidden to the

12v
socket by a combination of the door window blind and flynet frames.

Interested ? The longer pin on the LED is the anode (positive) and

should
be
connected through to the LIVE.

Mike

Where can you get a 12v LED flasher from?
Otherwise, thanks! Good tip.