X-Trail kerb weight

Old July 2nd 04, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Default X-Trail kerb weight

Does any one know, Nissan don't know the actual kerb weight for the X-Trail
DCI SVE, 2004 model. All they know is the range given in the sales
information and that has 100kg difference meaning a 85Kg towing difference.

Old July 2nd 04, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SkodaMan

Have you had the chance to look at the model you are considering? If so,
check the weights quoted on the VIN plate, probably under the bonnet.
Also, if the SVE is the top of the range model then chances are it will be
the higher kerb weight. If not, play safe and base it on the lower kerb
weight.

Old July 2nd 04, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"John" wrote in message
Does any one know, Nissan don't know the actual kerb weight for the

X-Trail
DCI SVE, 2004 model. All they know is the range given in the sales
information and that has 100kg difference meaning a 85Kg towing

difference.

Do they recommend it for towing? I seem to remember some issue with it.

Neb

Old July 3rd 04, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

I have been given this site which gives the kerb weight as 1609 kg. Looks a
useful site

http://www.carfolio.com/specificatio...ar/?car=100298

Old July 3rd 04, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

"SkodaMan" wrote in message
Have you had the chance to look at the model you are considering? If so,
check the weights quoted on the VIN plate, probably under the bonnet.
Also, if the SVE is the top of the range model then chances are it will be
the higher kerb weight. If not, play safe and base it on the lower kerb

The VIN plate is a s usfull as Nissan Customer Services, nothing at all!
But see below for a usfull site that does give weights.
weight.

Old July 3rd 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SkodaMan

I've had a look at the site you gave the address of. Unfortunately, you need
to know more than just the kerb weight! If neither the Nissan dealer nor
Nissan UK can give you the correct details I would simply look at another
make of car. If Nissan can't help with a simple question like weights, what
happens when something goes wrong with the car?!!!

Old July 3rd 04, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BDD Blunt

I have a new X trail 2004 DCI (136 BHP) and it is excellent as a towcar.

Runner up I think in recent Caravan Club awards and it tows my fixed bed
caravan with no problem at all. Highly recommended - although Nissan
customer service (post sales) leaves a lot to be desired. I have a
complaint outstanding with them - appalling service given quality vehicle.
If it wasn't for car, based on service, I would not buy Nissan as they have
given me nothing but headaches since I bought car in March.

"Richard" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Does any one know, Nissan don't know the actual kerb weight for the

X-Trail
DCI SVE, 2004 model. All they know is the range given in the sales
information and that has 100kg difference meaning a 85Kg towing

difference.

You will need to know the kerb weight, max vehicle weight, gross train
weight, max tow weight and nose weight. Then you can determine if it will

be
suitable for your requirements, namely loaded caravan and loaded car.

HTH ....... Richard

Old July 3rd 04, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"Nebulous" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Does any one know, Nissan don't know the actual kerb weight for the

X-Trail
DCI SVE, 2004 model. All they know is the range given in the sales
information and that has 100kg difference meaning a 85Kg towing

difference.

Do they recommend it for towing? I seem to remember some issue with it.

Neb

Heres a site with kerb weights.

http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/kerbweights.htm

It isn't quite up to date though.

That isn't the question I asked however!

I looked at Nissans a few months ago- particularly a Terrano. Whilst I was
in the showroom I saw some x trails on special offer. I asked the salesman
about them and seem to remember him tell me that they were a leisure
vehicle- and were not designed for towing. I may not be remembering
correctly- but you seriously need to find out the Nissan approved towing
limit as well as the kerb weight.

Neb

Old July 4th 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

--

I looked at Nissans a few months ago- particularly a Terrano. Whilst I was
in the showroom I saw some x trails on special offer. I asked the salesman
about them and seem to remember him tell me that they were a leisure
vehicle- and were not designed for towing. I may not be remembering
correctly- but you seriously need to find out the Nissan approved towing
limit as well as the kerb weight.

Neb

I have the X-Trail Sport, kerb weight around 1500/1600 kgs depending on
model. Max towing weight 2000kgs. Max towball weight 100kgs, diesel engine
now 136HP which is best in case. Mine seems to tow my 1300kgs caravan with
ease in sixth gear. Economy whilst towing between 24 and 30 mpg, mind you my
car has done less that 2000 miles.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports