good caravaning manual?

Old July 3rd 04, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dave lympany

Default good caravaning manual?

Can anyone recommend a good basic caravan manual that details all aspects of
owning a caravan from packing, towing, electrics, cosmetics, water, gas, etc
etc. I`ve seen the `haynes` manual it look`s quite good....

Dave

Old July 3rd 04, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

dave lympany wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good basic caravan manual that details all
aspects of owning a caravan from packing, towing, electrics,
cosmetics, water, gas, etc etc. I`ve seen the `haynes` manual it
look`s quite good....

Dave

The Haynes manual *is* quite good from a maintenance point of view - less so
from a usage point of view. For the latter, the Caravan Club handbook (which
members get automatically every couple of years) contains a lot of useful
information. If you're not a member, maybe you can find a member who is
throwing out the previous edition.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old July 3rd 04, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SkodaMan

I only know of the Haynes manual but no doubt there will be more out there.
You could do worse than subscribing to one of the monthly magazines. When on
site, chat with neighbours - it is a friendly community and most people are
more than willing to help and advise.

Old July 4th 04, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Then you know what to buy. I have one and have found it very useful and
informative.

Cheers, Peter.

"dave lympany" wrote in message
: Can anyone recommend a good basic caravan manual that details all aspects of
: owning a caravan from packing, towing, electrics, cosmetics, water, gas, etc
: etc. I`ve seen the `haynes` manual it look`s quite good....
:
: Dave
:
:

Old July 4th 04, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

We have been caravanning on and off for over 40 years my husband has been in
the motor trade in our own business for 21 years, so we are never without
help with our numerous contacts. We never found it necessary to join the
caravan club, but recently we wanted to stay on a particular site and as it
was a Caravan Club site they offered us membership. We thought about over
the week and we joined. I must say we received a lot of literature on the
caravan club and the services they offer and I think you would find it very
worthwhile to join, as I say, we are veterans and found the literature
interesting and they seemed very efficient in the admin. The site in
Peterborough (Ferry Meadows) was nice and after the initial rigmarol of
signing in etc. we were left on our own and I would recommend it perhaps as
a first site to stay on.
Liz