Caravan and Camping Club

Old July 4th 04, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Hotspur

Default Caravan and Camping Club

I may have posted this out already but I don't see it so here it goes again.
After being in the Caravan Club for years I dropped out due to long hospital stay.When I recovered I seem to have run out of sites near to my travelling distance and I wondered about the other Caravan and Camping Club sites. I've heard people say some sites were good and others not,probably the same as the CC.I have considered CL's but I have never used them,do they have electric hook up and chemical disposal?Anyone know?thanks

"Too soon we get old,Too late we get smart!"
Old July 5th 04, 02:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

There is a list of CLs with hook-up points in the CC members handbook.They
should all supply a waste point which can handle chemical toilet contents and
drinking water. Give them a go their details and directions are listed under
each entry in the handbook.

Cheers, Peter.

"Harry Hotspur" wrote in message
: I may have posted this out already but I don't see it so here it goes again.
: After being in the Caravan Club for years I dropped out due to long hospital
stay.When I recovered I seem to have run out of sites near to my travelling
distance and I wondered about the other Caravan and Camping Club sites. I've
heard people say some sites were good and others not,probably the same as the
CC.I have considered CL's but I have never used them,do they have electric hook
up and chemical disposal?Anyone know?thanks
:
: "Too soon we get old,Too late we get smart!"

Old July 5th 04, 07:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:50:47 GMT, (Harry Hotspur)
wrote:

| I may have posted this out already but I don't see it so here it goes again.
| After being in the Caravan Club for years I dropped out due to long hospital
| stay.When I recovered I seem to have run out of sites near to my travelling
| distance and I wondered about the other Caravan and Camping Club sites.
| I've heard people say some sites were good and others not,probably the same
| as the CC.I have considered CL's but I have never used them,do they have
| electric hook up and chemical disposal?Anyone know?thanks

Depends what you mean by ?good?
CCC cater for all campers tents, vans, motor vans, backpackers etc. etc.
Each group has its own requirement.
The CCC Big Sites Book lists almost all places you can camp, including some
absolutely terrible places with 100s of Statics, resteraunts, club houses,
etc ;-) They even list pub sites which I would not touch with a
bargepole. For a back packer nearness to the say Penine Way is of prime
importance, caravan access an optional extra 8-O, I have passed a CCC
listed site on on the end of a Land Rover track.

Each site is examined regularly, the year of examination is listed, usually
the year before BSB is published. The criteria for listing is that you
can camp there and the description must be *right*.

When using the big sites book absolutely everything of interest is listed
in the symbols, or the text. You **must** read and understand all the
symbols, and you *must* read all the text.
**Beware of "own san recomended"**

Dave F

Old July 5th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony

Hotspur) wrote:

[...]

What does a "land rover track" mean?

snip

**Beware of "own san recomended"**

Why beware? This suits some people.

Tony

Old July 5th 04, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Hotspur

thanks to all ,Ill give it some thought.

"Too soon we get old,Too late we get smart!"
Old July 5th 04, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Tony wrote:

What does a "land rover track" mean?

When I worked at Rover at Solihull in the 1970's, it was the production line
where they were assembled!
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old July 5th 04, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 18:22:29 +0100, "Tony" wrote:

| Dave Fawthrop wrote:
| On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:50:47 GMT, (Harry
| Hotspur) wrote:
|
| I may have posted this out already but I don't see it so here it
| goes again. After being in the Caravan Club for years I dropped out
| due to long hospital stay.When I recovered I seem to have run out of
| sites near to my travelling distance and I wondered about the other
| Caravan and Camping Club sites. I've heard people say some sites
| were good and others not,probably the same as the CC.I have
| considered CL's but I have never used them,do they have electric
| hook up and chemical disposal?Anyone know?thanks
|

| Depends what you mean by ?good?
| CCC cater for all campers tents, vans, motor vans, backpackers etc.
| etc. Each group has its own requirement.
| The CCC Big Sites Book lists almost all places you can camp,
| including some absolutely terrible places with 100s of Statics,
| resteraunts, club houses, etc ;-) They even list pub sites which I
| would not touch with a bargepole. For a back packer nearness to the
| say Penine Way is of prime importance, caravan access an optional
| extra 8-O, I have passed a CCC listed site on on the end of a Land
| Rover track.
|
| What does a "land rover track" mean?

A track on which I would only take a 4x4 and not my van

| snip
|
| **Beware of "own san recomended"**
|

| Why beware? This suits some people.

You make my point

Dave F

Old July 5th 04, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

What does a "land rover track" mean?

A track on which I would only take a 4x4 and not my van

Well that's very subjective. If you only keep to paved roads then you are
missing out on a lot. I suspect that any car could get safely and soundly
down your perceived '4x4 only' track. You need to live a bit! I have city
friends who visit me and are shocked at my track simply because they are not
used to seeing dirt ahead of them. My SLK manages very well.

**Beware of "own san recomended"**

Why beware? This suits some people.

You make my point

Which is? You old troll you :-).