Info needed on campsites in Germany

Old July 4th 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John B

Default Info needed on campsites in Germany

Dear all,

We have booked the van as far as Calais again, but fancy doing the Mosel
valley this year instead of France.I do not book in advance, but use the
excellent Municipal sites and have rarely had a problem finding a good
pitch.

I cannot find much information about the range or number of sites in
Germany. Is there an equivalent of the 'municipal' ? What quality are they?
Cost? How busy? Do I need to book? Are they tightly packed? Any web sites
for reference?
Recommendations for sites in the Mosel valley as far as Koblenz would be
welcome. We are only away for 16 nights, including travelling down from the
North West.

By the way, the Caravan Club are still offering free caravans. We booked 2
weeks ago with P&O, going out at 16.45 returning at 20.45 for 137.60
return. Better
value than I expected for a late booking.

Thanks in anticipation,

John B.

--
Remove nospam from email address to reply

---