towing capacity site

Old July 4th 04, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ted A Turner

Default towing capacity site

I know this has come up before but I cant find the reference on
Google... can someone point me in the direction of that website that
lists UK cars towing capacities? Or alternatively tell me what the
relevant weights are for Renault Laguna Estate 1.9 and 2.2 diesels
(2002 upwards) and Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT diesels (same age).

Anyone got any preferences between these two as tow cars? Looking at
Conoissuer model of the Rover for all its toys, and Dynamique or
Privelege for the Laguna

TIA

Old July 4th 04, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 13:36:12 +0100, Ted A Turner
wrote:

I know this has come up before but I cant find the reference on
Google... can someone point me in the direction of that website that
lists UK cars towing capacities? Or alternatively tell me what the
relevant weights are for Renault Laguna Estate 1.9 and 2.2 diesels
(2002 upwards) and Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT diesels (same age).

Anyone got any preferences between these two as tow cars? Looking at
Conoissuer model of the Rover for all its toys, and Dynamique or
Privelege for the Laguna

TIA

Give this a try

http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/kerbweights.htm

This will give you the kerbweight of most UK vehicles - although from
experience, only use it as a guide. Worth double checking with the
manufacturer if the margin is close.

Regards

Si
Old July 4th 04, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Daniel

news
wrote:

I know this has come up before but I cant find the reference on
Google... can someone point me in the direction of that website that
lists UK cars towing capacities? Or alternatively tell me what the
relevant weights are for Renault Laguna Estate 1.9 and 2.2 diesels
(2002 upwards) and Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT diesels (same age).

Anyone got any preferences between these two as tow cars? Looking at
Conoissuer model of the Rover for all its toys, and Dynamique or
Privelege for the Laguna

TIA

Give this a try

http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/kerbweights.htm

This will give you the kerbweight of most UK vehicles - although from
experience, only use it as a guide. Worth double checking with the
manufacturer if the margin is close.

Worth double checking, period.

Some of those kerb weights are wrong - eg, Nissan Terrano 3.0, kerb weight
given = 1870 kg, actual kerbweight = 1970 kg.

Old July 4th 04, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 14:09:41 +0100, "Daniel" .
wrote:

Worth double checking, period.

Many of the VW weights are also incorrect - but I think it depends on
which model........

Si

Old July 4th 04, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

--
ts
Give this a try

http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/kerbweights.htm

This will give you the kerbweight of most UK vehicles - although from
experience, only use it as a guide. Worth double checking with the
manufacturer if the margin is close.

Worth double checking, period.

Some of those kerb weights are wrong - eg, Nissan Terrano 3.0, kerb weight
given = 1870 kg, actual kerbweight = 1970 kg.

Chris, who runs the above site goes to a great deal of trouble to get the
information direct from the manufacturers to provide as an up to date
database on car towing weights. I hope before you criticise the site here
that you have had the courtesy of informing him that you feel some of the
information is not accurate.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site report

Old July 4th 04, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SkodaMan

Chris' site giving the kerbweights is a very good piece of work but is only
as good as the information provided by the manufacturers. These days, with
so many different trim levels for one model, the manufacturers seem to quote
a range of kerbweights. For example, I have just taken delivery of a Skoda
Superb 1.9 PD Tdi Elegance. Skoda, in their brochure, quotes the kerbweight
for the 1.9 PD Tdi model from 1465kg to 1567kg this covering the varying
trim levels. Chris' site, quite rightly in my view, quotes the lower
kerbweight for the Superb 1.9 PD Tdi but at the end of the day it is the
manufacturer or dealer who should be able to give an owner or a prospective
buyer the actual figure for the model in question.

"David klyne" wrote in message

[...]

Details of our Caravan Travels in the UK and Europe with help and advice

and
site report