Carver Mover Drive Rollers

Old July 4th 04, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Digger

Default Carver Mover Drive Rollers

The Grit coating has come off one of the rollers and consequently it slips
much to easily. I have met one other suffer who had replaced them at about
65 .I think this is a known fault, has anyone had any joy with "goodwill
replacements" from Carver/ Truma or alternatively any thoughts re repair I
wondered if criss-cross runs of weld would create a friction drive since I
think the early models had steel rollers with a cut tread instead of the
grit.

Dave

Old July 4th 04, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Digger" wrote in message
The Grit coating has come off one of the rollers and consequently it slips
much to easily. I have met one other suffer who had replaced them at about
65 .I think this is a known fault, has anyone had any joy with "goodwill
replacements" from Carver/ Truma or alternatively any thoughts re repair I
wondered if criss-cross runs of weld would create a friction drive since I
think the early models had steel rollers with a cut tread instead of the
grit.

Dave

Never heard of any goodwill replacements.

The early ones were a reddish colour and did wear too quickly. They have now
been improved and you can identify the new type as they are black. Very easy
to change and only takes about 10/15 minutes per side to do both rollers and
bearing. New bearings are supplied with the rollers. There are two roller
sizes (Standard [159mm] and European [182mm]) so make sure you get/order the
right ones. I believe the part nos are 60010-03800 and 60010-03700
respectively.

HTH ....... Richard

Old July 4th 04, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Brian West

In message , Digger
writes
The Grit coating has come off one of the rollers and consequently it slips
much to easily. I have met one other suffer who had replaced them at about
65 .I think this is a known fault, has anyone had any joy with "goodwill
replacements" from Carver/ Truma or alternatively any thoughts re repair I
wondered if criss-cross runs of weld would create a friction drive since I
think the early models had steel rollers with a cut tread instead of the
grit.

Dave

Powertouch replaced mine free after 2 years. They said it was covered by
their 5 years guarantee.
Bezalbub

Old July 4th 04, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 15:55:44 +0100, "Digger"
wrote:

The Grit coating has come off one of the rollers and consequently it slips
much to easily. I have met one other suffer who had replaced them at about
65 .I think this is a known fault, has anyone had any joy with "goodwill
replacements" from Carver/ Truma or alternatively any thoughts re repair I
wondered if criss-cross runs of weld would create a friction drive since I
think the early models had steel rollers with a cut tread instead of the
grit.

Dave

Do a search on Google on this news group some one has recoated them.
You can recoat them yourself uses a patch kit for MOT station rollers
a kit for 46 will do 4 rollers from
http://www.prosol.co.uk/prosol_fset.php

Lenny