water pressure switch....

Old July 5th 04, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dave lympany

Default water pressure switch....

Hi,

Can anyone tell me anything about these that go directly after the filter
housing, I have just fitted a new filter housing and then read that I need a
water pressure switch, how much are they, and how do they work........I just
thought that the pump cuts out when it feels pressure off the tap being
closed, how naive! cheers guys.

Old July 6th 04, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Arc Systems

"dave lympany" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone tell me anything about these that go directly after the filter
housing, I have just fitted a new filter housing and then read that I need

water pressure switch, how much are they, and how do they work........I

just
thought that the pump cuts out when it feels pressure off the tap being
closed, how naive! cheers guys.

"how naive", not really as long as the pressure switch is there that's

exactly how it works, if your pump is internal then it may well have it's
own switch. Whale supply an 'inline' pressure switch for use with
submersible pumps and some systems use microswitches in each tap to simply
turn the pump on and off, this type of system does not require a pressure
switch.
Gary

Old July 6th 04, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

"dave lympany" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone tell me anything about these that go directly after the filter
housing, I have just fitted a new filter housing and then read that I need

water pressure switch, how much are they, and how do they work........I

just
thought that the pump cuts out when it feels pressure off the tap being
closed, how naive! cheers guys.

You might find the instuructions are for if you are building a water system
from scratch.

If your system worked ok before fitting the filter it should after.

Paul

Old July 6th 04, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dave lympany

Cheers guys, I got the whale inline that Gary refered to, it works ok now,
I`m building the system from scratch. The inline works fine.
Gary, do you know if the filtered side of the supply goes through the
heater, or would the `unfiltered` outlet go to heater instead?
I havnt got a heater as yet, there only seems to be Truma, unless there is
a much cheaper alternative, and i mean MUCH cheaper!

Dave

Old July 7th 04, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Arc Systems

"Paul" wrote in message

"dave lympany" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone tell me anything about these that go directly after the

filter
housing, I have just fitted a new filter housing and then read that I

need
water pressure switch, how much are they, and how do they

work........I
just
thought that the pump cuts out when it feels pressure off the tap

being
closed, how naive! cheers guys.

You might find the instuructions are for if you are building a water

system
from scratch.

If your system worked ok before fitting the filter it should after.

Paul

The blanked off inlet is for the water heater and is designed to make the

filter last longer by bypassing it for water that is not drunk. A tip for
the main inlet if you are using a Truma filter and flexible hose, is to use
a semi ridged fitting on the spigot of the filter housing, and a short piece
of semi ridged pipe to connect the flexible to. The reason is, the spigot is
crushed or distorted slightly by the jubilee clip and this effects operation
of the the non-return valve.
Truma seem to be dropping the price of their heater of late but not as far
as the all new 'Henry', this heater is a direct replacement for the old
Carver Cascade 2. Based on the Cascade this heater features all new digital
gas control, this amongst other benefits does away with the need for the
'fusible plug' that Carver relied on if thing got to hot!!. The mains
electric side has a 950w element for faster heating times, with gas electric
together the heater reaches full temperature in as little as 28 minutes.
Another valuable safety feature is the re-designed flue cover which allows
the heater to be used in all wind conditions. This fact I might add is now
beyond reproach, although others including the caravan press have sought to
argue otherwise.
Total cost of this heater from me is 360 with the added benefit of easy and
therefore cheaper maintanace at a later stage.
Gary

Old July 7th 04, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Manders

If you use 12V a lot, you may find it worth mounting the pressure switch
where it can be easily adjusted.
My pump pressure varies enough to need the switch adjusting as the load on
the battery varies.
If you are using a submersible, it's a good idea to incorporate a run light
in the van. Again, as my battery voltage drops, my pump tends to run
continuously. It also warns of an empty water container causing the pump to
run.

John

Old July 7th 04, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dave lympany

Many thanks,

Would the outlet from the heater have to go through pressure switch then
before it goes to hot taps? If so I would then need a `Y` piece to conect
both cold and hot supplys before it goes to pressure switch, and then split
again to each respective tap?