Whats Rome Like

Old July 6th 04, 07:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Default Whats Rome Like

Hi Leaving the caravan behind for a week in November, Booked a City Break
to Rome. Anyone else done this,
Whats it like for food ie; evening meals we are staying Nr the Termini
Station.

Dave

Old July 6th 04, 07:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Strom

It's Italian

Old July 6th 04, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

--
"dave" wrote in message
Hi Leaving the caravan behind for a week in November, Booked a City Break
to Rome. Anyone else done this,
Whats it like for food ie; evening meals we are staying Nr the Termini
Station.

Dave

Regretfully we have only to Rome for a day, it was just not long enough -
its amazing

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old July 6th 04, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

"dave" wrote in message
Hi Leaving the caravan behind for a week in November, Booked a City Break
to Rome. Anyone else done this,
Whats it like for food ie; evening meals we are staying Nr the Termini
Station.

Went to Rome to watch Scotland get beat by the Italians earlier this year!
We stayed by the station. I got ooh you don't want to stay near the station
(...images of Kings Cross) but I saw nothing like. A bit of traffic noise
but nothing special. If you don't mind walking there is so much of Rome to
see on foot. They have so much to look at. The meals were cheap and
shopping is cheap for a major city. There are loads of Piazzas to sit
beside and have a drink or two. November may be a litte cool but they have
patio heater outside to extend the season.

Be prepared to queue to get into the vatican but worth a trip.

Keep meaning to take the wife sometime.

Paul

Old July 6th 04, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Be prepared to queue to get into the vatican but worth a trip.

I'm sure it isn't a problem in November, but make sure you're wearing
trousers and no loud shirts.

Christian.

Old July 6th 04, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Be prepared to queue to get into the vatican but worth a trip.

I'm sure it isn't a problem in November, but make sure you're wearing
trousers and no loud shirts.

It wasn't dress I was thinking about but they have airport style security

let you in.

I know, but it would be a shame to wait in the security queue and then not
be allowed in for wearing disrespectful clothing.

Christian.

Old July 6th 04, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Be prepared to queue to get into the vatican but worth a trip.

I'm sure it isn't a problem in November, but make sure you're wearing
trousers and no loud shirts.

Christian.

It wasn't dress I was thinking about but they have airport style security to
let you in.

Paul

Old July 7th 04, 04:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ROGER MANLEY

It is a beautiful city with much to see. You will find it astounding to
stand in the Roman ruins and recognise the history which surrounds you.

However, a word of warning. The crime rate is high. Street mugging of
tourists is frequent in the tourist hot spots. Watch out for bag snatchers
who ride up the pavement on motor scooters. Also crowds of street kids who
surround you and while one distracts you with a newspaper or something the
others jostle you and rifle your pockets and bags. I had to beat them off
with my umbrella a few years ago! It is NOT A PROBLEM if you are aware and
sensible.

Roger

Old July 7th 04, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Manders

See the Vatican.
It's amazing

John