Mondeo

Old July 6th 04, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
knitk

Default Mondeo

Does anyone tow or owns a Mondeo 2.0 DCI (130 ps) Auto Diesel

Thinking of purchasing, but cannot find a dealer with a demonstrator.

Any comments please.
Old July 6th 04, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

We have a Mondeo but it is not automatic. It is difficult to get a diesel
Mondeo as there is a fleet waiting list, we picked up a Ford pre-registered
car. There were quite a few 1.8 around but my husband happens to be in the
motor trade and said the 2 litre was best for us. It depends if you like
diesels. I have to drive it for my everyday car and I will never get used to
a diesel. I do mostly short journeys in Milton Keynes where I live and lots
of roundabouts, stop start all the time. You will find it an excellent tow
car, just don't forget you have a caravan behind, but I don't know about an
auto. I suspect it would be a special order.
Liz

Old July 7th 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Richardson

I have the manual version.
Great towcar - much better than my old Y reg 2.0 TD Mondeo.
I tow 1340kg . Will sit all day at 60mph on Mway with Cruise Control on
in 5th gear. Not so keen in 6th though as speed drops on hills.
Great torque. Hill starts no probs.
I also wanted the auto till I saw what the emissions were and how much
extra tax and fuel it was going to cost - went for the manual. I did
test drive an auto but only solo. The Durashift gearbox is neat.
Either full auto or use as a clutchless manual. Dead easy to drive.
Let me know if I can add anything else..

--
Andy Richardson
Derbyshire

"knitk" wrote in message
Does anyone tow or owns a Mondeo 2.0 DCI (130 ps) Auto Diesel

Thinking of purchasing, but cannot find a dealer with a demonstrator.

Any comments please.

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old July 8th 04, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
knitk

Many thanks for comments.

We are now in contact with 2 Ford dealers, to see you can come up with
the right price.