Dog to Ireland

Old July 7th 04, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

Default Dog to Ireland

Can anybody give me any concrete information on taking our dog to Ireland.
The Ferry Company (Stena) say "no paperwork required.
DEFRA suggest "Public Health Certificate".
TIA

Mike (B)

Old July 7th 04, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Helen K

A few years ago we took our two dogs to Ireland, crossing Stranraer to
Larne. The only stipulation was the the dogs should remain in the car during
the crossing otherwise we would require to purchase a ticket for them. The
dogs were happy to sleep anyway.

We travelled all over the beautiful Emerald Isle and never once were the
dogs a problem. Bear in mind it is an open border between North and South.

Best of luck. You should definitely not require any special documents.

Cheers Helen K

Old July 10th 04, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Rogers

"Mike" wrote in message
Can anybody give me any concrete information on taking our dog to Ireland.
The Ferry Company (Stena) say "no paperwork required.
DEFRA suggest "Public Health Certificate".
TIA

Mike (B)

.................................................. ..........................

Been across to southern part three times with our dog. Last time was 5 years
ago. No paperwork required then. Dog had to be left in the car/caravan
during the crossing. Loved the Irish laidback attitude to your dog. Bit like
the French. In cafe's and pubs the dog gets a drink first.

Harry

(First post on here for a long while. Nice to see the site has been cleaned
up. Guess some one has been around with a pooper scooper and got rid of the
trolls).

Old July 10th 04, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

Thanks to all who replied, we're on the ferry tuesday, back in 3 weeks. Then
I'll be an expert!

Mike (B)