tyres this time...

Old July 8th 04, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Default tyres this time...

can I use normal car tyres (165x13) or is there a tyre specifically for
caravans, box trailers etc. ?

Typically on a single axle trailer, each tyre takes far more load than on a
car. Therefore, you may find that the tyres you fit have more in common with
van tyres than car (except for the reduced diameter). Basically, ensure that
each tyre is rated for at least half the MTPLM of the caravan.

Christian.

Old July 8th 04, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
in2minds

Typically on a single axle trailer, each tyre takes far more load than
on a
car. Therefore, you may find that the tyres you fit have more in

common with
van tyres than car (except for the reduced diameter). Basically,

ensure that
each tyre is rated for at least half the MTPLM of the caravan.

it's twin axle and the web site says to use 165R13 4Ply Radial 83Q or
165R13C 6Ply Radial 91/89Q or R

guess I'll have to talk to the local tyre dealer

thanks guys

Old July 8th 04, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

it's twin axle and the web site says to use 165R13 4Ply Radial 83Q or
165R13C 6Ply Radial 91/89Q or R

Yes. With a twin axle, the loads are much less. Give the full spec to the
tyre place and I'm sure they'll find something.

Christian.

Old July 8th 04, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"in2minds" wrote in message

it's twin axle and the web site says to use 165R13 4Ply Radial 83Q or
165R13C 6Ply Radial 91/89Q or R

guess I'll have to talk to the local tyre dealer

That's 4 wheels like a car, but most of us have only 2 wheels on which to
carry the load.

Yes see your tyre dealer but get a second oppion from your caravan dealer.

Please reply to News Group.