Water

Old July 8th 04, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Carl Barratt

Default Water

Can someone advise me, I purchsaed a new caravan in Now and have been away
in 5 times so far, however evertime I have gone away the water tastes funny,
metally. I tries it on the same site from a mobile home and the water is
fine. I have not tried this method in the other 4 places I been but the
water aways tastes funny. Can someone advise if they know of any problems.
My caravan is an avondale dart 556-6

Many Thanks

Carl

Old July 8th 04, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

"Carl Barratt" wrote in message
Can someone advise me, I purchsaed a new caravan in Now and have been away
in 5 times so far, however evertime I have gone away the water tastes

funny,
metally. I tries it on the same site from a mobile home and the water is
fine. I have not tried this method in the other 4 places I been but the
water aways tastes funny. Can someone advise if they know of any

problems.
My caravan is an avondale dart 556-6

Many Thanks

Carl

We always take a jug water filter, just the one we use at home.
Never have a problem. Tap water in England is a joke.
However have you tried filling the supply bottle at home, leaving it
a while and then tasting it from the bottle not from the van?
Then try it from the van. Try, try and you will find.
John.

Old July 8th 04, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"JB" wrote in message

We always take a jug water filter, just the one we use at home.
Never have a problem. Tap water in England is a joke.

er - why?

I prefer Yorkshire tap water to any bottled water I've tried. London water,
however, was not nice.

Mary

Old July 8th 04, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:47:16 +0100, "Carl Barratt"
wrote:

Can someone advise me, I purchsaed a new caravan in Now and have been away
in 5 times so far, however evertime I have gone away the water tastes funny,
metally. I tries it on the same site from a mobile home and the water is
fine. I have not tried this method in the other 4 places I been but the
water aways tastes funny. Can someone advise if they know of any problems.
My caravan is an avondale dart 556-6

If you get some puriclens and flush the water system through with the
solution you are likely to get rid of the taste at least temporarily,
we found it needed doing each time before we went away, this was a fag
since it involves filling the aquaroll, letting it stand overnight,
then pumping the mixture into the van and making sure it comes out
through all the taps and then leaving it to stand for a few hours and
then using two or three barrels of clean water to flush the system
through.
In the end we got a gallon water bottle that we refill daily with our
drinking water and ignore the water that comes out of the tap for
drinking . The gallon water bottle is easy to clean out regularly
using milton and it solves the problem completely.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old July 9th 04, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 23:25:05 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

| "JB" wrote in message
|

| We always take a jug water filter, just the one we use at home.
| Never have a problem. Tap water in England is a joke.
|
| er - why?
|
| I prefer Yorkshire tap water to any bottled water I've tried. London water,
| however, was not nice.

A word of explanation for Londoners. Yorkshire Water mostly comes from
Victorian reservoirs high on the peat moors. They have only just managed
to get the tiny peat particles out of ours. Better peat than what you
find in the Thames ;-)

Dave F

Old July 9th 04, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MikeS

wrote:

| "JB" wrote in message
|

| We always take a jug water filter, just the one we use at home.
| Never have a problem. Tap water in England is a joke.
|
| er - why?
|
| I prefer Yorkshire tap water to any bottled water I've tried. London

water,
| however, was not nice.

A word of explanation for Londoners. Yorkshire Water mostly comes from
Victorian reservoirs high on the peat moors. They have only just managed
to get the tiny peat particles out of ours. Better peat than what you
find in the Thames ;-)

Dave F
Most of London water has been through us several times so we must have the

record on recycling our waste!
MikeS

Old July 9th 04, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

In the end we got a gallon water bottle that we refill daily with our
drinking water and ignore the water that comes out of the tap for
drinking . The gallon water bottle is easy to clean out regularly
using milton and it solves the problem completely.

AOL

Regards, VivienB

Sorry Vivien AOL is an acronym that I have not come across before
could you possibly translate it for me.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old July 9th 04, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

wrote:

In the end we got a gallon water bottle that we refill daily with our
drinking water and ignore the water that comes out of the tap for
drinking . The gallon water bottle is easy to clean out regularly
using milton and it solves the problem completely.

AOL

Regards, VivienB

Sorry Vivien AOL is an acronym that I have not come across before
could you possibly translate it for me.

And me. It can't mean America On Line in this context, surely?

Mary

(remove the spam to reply)

Old July 9th 04, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
VivienB

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:40:35 +0100, bill lord
wrote:

Sorry Vivien AOL is an acronym that I have not come across before
could you possibly translate it for me.

It comes from the time (not very long ago) when the majority of
newbies posted from AOL. It was common for them to repost the whole of
the post they were replying to, without snipping, with a one line 'me
too' comment at the end. As a result, it has come to mean 'me too'.

Regards, VivienB