Petrol

Old July 8th 04, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Glynn

Default Petrol

I tow with a 2.3 petrol Ford Galaxy, will it make any difference to fuel
economy when towing to use super-unleaded rather than the ordinary stuff?

Steve.

---

Old July 8th 04, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TP

"Stephen Glynn" wrote:

I tow with a 2.3 petrol Ford Galaxy, will it make any difference to fuel
economy when towing to use super-unleaded rather than the ordinary stuff?

The only difference it will make is to your wallet.

Old July 8th 04, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

We have tried the super diesel and I could not really see a difference in
economy or anything else
Liz

Old July 8th 04, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Stephen Glynn" wrote in message
I tow with a 2.3 petrol Ford Galaxy, will it make any difference to fuel
economy when towing to use super-unleaded rather than the ordinary stuff?

Thought to use a higher octane fuel in an engine burnt the valves.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 9th 04, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Murphy

Nope - wrong way around, if octane too low get all sorts of problems, too
high simply wastes money

Old July 9th 04, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Glynn

"David" wrote in message

"Stephen Glynn" wrote in message
I tow with a 2.3 petrol Ford Galaxy, will it make any difference to

fuel
economy when towing to use super-unleaded rather than the ordinary

stuff?

Thought to use a higher octane fuel in an engine burnt the valves.

Please reply to News Group.

Thanks for your thoughts, since found out that the super-unleaded is for
high-performance cars.

Steve.

---

Old July 9th 04, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 22:42:29 +0000 (UTC), "Stephen Glynn"
wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts, since found out that the super-unleaded is for
high-performance cars.

Or for an older vehicle that was designed to run on higher octane
fuel. I would hardly call the Austin 1100 that I used to have a high
performance car but it required higher octane fuel to prevent it from
pinking.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old July 10th 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts, since found out that the super-unleaded is for
high-performance cars.

Or for an older vehicle that was designed to run on higher octane
fuel. I would hardly call the Austin 1100 that I used to have a high
performance car

It's all relative isn't it, our Triumph Mayflower's performance would have
made your 1100 worthy of Silverstone ...

Mary

Old July 10th 04, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:16:16 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

It's all relative isn't it, our Triumph Mayflower's performance would have
made your 1100 worthy of Silverstone ...

But my fathers Wolsey Hornet ( 1936 ) would make your Mayflower look
worthy of Monza. G

(remove the spam to reply)