Residential Camping Near London

Old July 8th 04, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

Default Residential Camping Near London

After many years of enjoying the free and easy lifestyle (and
occasional glitches) of camping in an RV in the USA, often for months
at a time, I am now recently arrived in London. Rent is way too high,
but how can I find a residential RV park or campground in or
commutable to London? Is there such a beast???

ps - post here please, as I don't want my UK email as clogged up as my
USA one was

It is better to travel in comfort, than in vain
Old July 8th 04, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TP

Bill wrote:

After many years of enjoying the free and easy lifestyle (and
occasional glitches) of camping in an RV in the USA, often for months
at a time, I am now recently arrived in London. Rent is way too high,
but how can I find a residential RV park or campground in or
commutable to London? Is there such a beast???

I know from a friend who did exactly this that the Caravan Club have a
site in East London, and there is at least one other site in or near
the capital. You can stay at one of these sites for a maximum of
three weeks - my friend found it better to stay for two weeks at each
site to avoid outstaying his welcome.

Old July 9th 04, 05:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stumo

There's a CCC site at Chertsey in Surrey - 40 mins by train to Waterloo from
nearby Weybridge which has a car-park.

Old July 9th 04, 06:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 06:04:29 +0100, "Stumo"
wrote:

| There's a CCC site at Chertsey in Surrey - 40 mins by train to Waterloo from
| nearby Weybridge which has a car-park.
|

| " but how can I find a residential RV park or campground in or
| commutable to London? Is there such a beast???

But CCC limits you to 28 days stay. When contracting I once concidered
doing 28 days at Chertsey alternating with a CC site nearby, but found a CS
in the area. I went home every weekend so I never camped more than the
legal/licence 28 day limit. There are several CCC sites round the M25,
you could circulate these, two are open all year.

If you want a
| free and easy lifestyle
avoid Static parks.

Dave F

Old July 9th 04, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Murphy

Look up the Camping and Caravanning Club - they have a number of sites
around London at
Canterbury 01227 463216
Chertsey 01932 562405
Hertford 01992 586696
Horsley 01483 283273
Oldbury Hill 01323 761190Theobalds Park (near Waltham Cross) 01992 620604

and a few others a bit further away such as Oxford 01865244088

"Bill" wrote in message
After many years of enjoying the free and easy lifestyle (and
occasional glitches) of camping in an RV in the USA, often for months
at a time, I am now recently arrived in London. Rent is way too high,
but how can I find a residential RV park or campground in or
commutable to London? Is there such a beast???

ps - post here please, as I don't want my UK email as clogged up as my
USA one was

-----
It is better to travel in comfort, than in vain

Old July 9th 04, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:14:21 +0100, "John" wrote:

| I like the CCC site at Walton. Close to Hersham Station. No facilities
| though.

We were there some years ago and IMO a fabulous site, a bit of a walk (1m)
to the station.
It has a Chemical disposal point, and a tap. WTF else do you need with an
RV?

Closes Nov 1

Dave F
Old July 13th 04, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lobby

I stayed at one under the tower at Crystal palace nice site near the tube

Old July 13th 04, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lobby

Crystal Palace Caravan Club Site
Crystal Palace Parade
Crystal Palace
London
SE19 1UF
Tel: 0208 803 6900
Fax: 0208 676 0980
Pitches: 60
Open: March To October

Abbey Wood Caravan Club Site
Federation Rd
Abbey Wood
London
SE2 0LS
Tel: 0208 311 7708
Fax: 0208 311 1465
Pitches: 360
Open: Open All Year

Old July 13th 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lobby

seek and ye shall find

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/to...?county=London