cheapest channel crossing pls?

Old July 10th 04, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jla

Default cheapest channel crossing pls?

Does anybody know of the cheapest way to cross the channel (return say 7 or
8 days) with a car?

It really bugs me that you can pay 9 to go for a day (return, on
Eurotunnel) but for two weeks I
have been told it is 350!

What a rip off.

Does anybody know of a way to book, say, two daytrips (for a week or 10 days
UK/France)?

Is it posible to go on a day trip and not come back and on my return get a
day trip to uk and not go back again.

I would be interested to know if anybody has tried this.

If you have, please share!
(gratefully)
Julia

---

Old July 11th 04, 01:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
thebloke

http://www.speedferry.co.uk
this is a new operator aimed at sticking it to the "channel pirates"
regards

Old July 11th 04, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
thebloke

sorry that should have been
http://www.speedferries.co.uk
my mistake##!!!???

Old July 11th 04, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"jla" wrote in message
Does anybody know of the cheapest way to cross the channel (return say 7

or
8 days) with a car?

It really bugs me that you can pay 9 to go for a day (return, on
Eurotunnel) but for two weeks I
have been told it is 350!

snip

Don't know when you checked, but Eurotunnel recently (last two weeks)
reduced their prices dramatically.

If you go out after 14:00 and return before 14:00 (any interval in-between,
but pre-booked crossing times), it is now 100ukp per car and passengers.

If you can't meet either of the two time restrictions, it is 214.50ukp.

Check the website www.eurotunnel.co.uk

Unfortunately (aware of the newsgroup and not wanting to be too OT, I doubt
there are offers for towers)

Bob

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old July 11th 04, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ah

I have just booked an open return (20th July going, 27th August return) for
5 people plus 10m american motorhome plus trailer travelling at reasonably
social (10pm) hours Dover - Calais for 229 on PandO web site. I think its a
cracking deal.
http://www.poferries.com