Bailey Pageant Series 5

Old July 10th 04, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SkodaMan

Default Bailey Pageant Series 5

Called in at my local dealer today and saw the new Pageant Series 5. I know
it is a matter of personal taste, but I was disappointed with the rather
bland design of the locker doors and the fact that there is a gap between
the tops of the lockers and the roof at the front - it just looks unfinished
and not up to the usual high Bailey standard. I personally prefer the
panelled doors as used in earlier models. Build quality looks good though.

Anyone else had a look at the Series 5?

Old July 10th 04, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:57:45 GMT, "SkodaMan"
wrote:

Called in at my local dealer today and saw the new Pageant Series 5. I know
it is a matter of personal taste, but I was disappointed with the rather
bland design of the locker doors and the fact that there is a gap between
the tops of the lockers and the roof at the front - it just looks unfinished
and not up to the usual high Bailey standard. I personally prefer the
panelled doors as used in earlier models. Build quality looks good though.

Anyone else had a look at the Series 5?

The gap over the top of the doors is there to allow movement of air
through the lockers in the winter helping to prevent condesation
settling there.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old July 11th 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SkodaMan

The gap I refer to is actually above the top of the locker between that and
the roof. It will not prevent condensation building inside the locker in
winter. The Senators do not have this gap - they have taken the face of the
lockers right up to the roof and looks far better.

Old July 11th 04, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:58:53 GMT, "SkodaMan"
wrote:

The gap I refer to is actually above the top of the locker between that and
the roof. It will not prevent condensation building inside the locker in
winter. The Senators do not have this gap - they have taken the face of the
lockers right up to the roof and looks far better.

That is the gap I was referring to, all the lockers in my van have
them, the reasoning given is to improve ventilation to areas which in
the past received little or no ventillation. Having used it over the
last couple of winters it does help to prevent condensation building
up inside the lockers.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old July 11th 04, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SkodaMan

I suppose it is a matter of personal taste as well. My current 1999 Pageant
Auvergne does not have these gaps and I have not experienced problems with
condensation even during the winter months. My previous vans (Swifts) didn't
have these gaps either. I doubt that they are there to do anything except
cut costs!