Caravan Locks

« - | - »

Old July 11th 04, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Default Caravan Locks

Following a recent burglary in which, amongst other things, my caravan keys
were stolen.

All the door locks were suited i.e. one key fitted all locks - 5 in number -
and I want to replace them. Does anyone know where I can purchase five
locks that all operate with one key?

My local dealer doesn't seem to be able to help.

TIA

'Appy 'Vannin

Peter

Old July 11th 04, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:20:36 +0100, "Peter"
wrote:

Following a recent burglary in which, amongst other things, my caravan keys
were stolen.

All the door locks were suited i.e. one key fitted all locks - 5 in number -
and I want to replace them. Does anyone know where I can purchase five
locks that all operate with one key?

My local dealer doesn't seem to be able to help.

The caravan Manufacturer perhaps.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old July 12th 04, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Arc Systems

"Peter" wrote in message

Following a recent burglary in which, amongst other things, my caravan

keys
were stolen.

All the door locks were suited i.e. one key fitted all locks - 5 in

number -
and I want to replace them. Does anyone know where I can purchase five
locks that all operate with one key?

My local dealer doesn't seem to be able to help.

TIA

'Appy 'Vannin

Peter

Surprised your dealer has said no, don't they want the business?.

Caravanparts sells at least 3x barrel lock sets with the same key. Try him
01482 874878
Gary

Old July 13th 04, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dogonabeach

"Peter" wrote in message

Following a recent burglary in which, amongst other things, my caravan

keys
were stolen.

All the door locks were suited i.e. one key fitted all locks - 5 in

number -
and I want to replace them. Does anyone know where I can purchase five
locks that all operate with one key?

My local dealer doesn't seem to be able to help.

TIA

'Appy 'Vannin

Peter

Peter, if you can manage to remove your exsisting locks, a decent locksmith
should be able to "re-key" your locks. In a sense, changing the pins around
within the barrel to configure a new key!

Might be able to save yourself a few quid!!!

Mark S

---

Old July 13th 04, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Pattle

"dogonabeach" wrote in message
"Peter" wrote in message

[...]

Nice idea, but given the 'quality' of most caravan locks I suspect that it
would be far more expensive than simple replacement....

Old July 13th 04, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Manders

Try to find a caravan breakers.
Don't know if such places exist though.
Dead caravans must go somewhere.

John

Old July 13th 04, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"John Manders" wrote in message

Try to find a caravan breakers.
Don't know if such places exist though.

They do and they're a wonderful resource, especially for those of us with
hem less than the most up to date 'vans.

Mary

Old July 13th 04, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:25:47 +0100, "John Manders"
wrote:

Try to find a caravan breakers.
Don't know if such places exist though.
Dead caravans must go somewhere.

John

Have a look at my web site, there's a list of every UK caravan
breaker I've been able to locate or have been told about.

Richard
(ROT13 to e-mail me directly). See
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk for most things to do with caravanning.
--
You know, I used to think I was stupid, and then I met philosophers. -
'Small Gods' by Terry Pratchett
Old July 14th 04, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CaravanParts

set of 5 barrels with 2keys 25 inc pp from

Bob

« - | - »