Headlamp converters

Old July 11th 04, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Default Headlamp converters

I have a 2002 Chrysler Grand Voyager with clear glass headlamps, any idea
what I do for continental driving, my dealer said that he had no idea what
to do. No converters available.
Steve

Old July 11th 04, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

I would park the car about 8 metres from a garage door or vertical wall;
light the dipped lights, cover one up then tape black insulating tape over
part of the other light to see the change of light on the wall; the
position for the tape (looking at the glass) could be just below centre and
around the 7 or 8 o'clock position; size of tape could be about 3" by 2".
Once you have one the other light should be about the same position.
Some of the kits you can buy at Halfords give diagrams that are supposed to
do for any headlight.

Old July 11th 04, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
phil samuel

try halfords, they have a set for clear headlamps, retail 7.99 i think
cheers
phil

There is a solution!"

http://www.giantcompany.com

Old July 13th 04, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Eric Clarke

If you ain't gonna drive at night then don't bother. Also , I've been caught
by tunnels in the Alps and a road accident (not mine) and used dips, no
benders, and no-one flashed so........Have a look at a French car near the
Channel ports - not a bit of tape or plastic in sight.
Eric

Old July 13th 04, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:50:33 +0000 (UTC), "Eric Clarke"
wrote:

benders, and no-one flashed so........Have a look at a French car near the
Channel ports - not a bit of tape or plastic in sight.

I seem to recall that UK cars dip to the left - hence the possibility
of causing a problem to oncoming traffic when driving on the right.

OTOH, continetal cars just dip so when they drive on the "wrong" side
of the road it doesn't cause a problem. Hence lack of benders on the
foreign cars you see ijn the UK.

I may be talking complete b****s on this occaision tho'

Cheers 'n' Beers
Old July 13th 04, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel

news
wrote:

benders, and no-one flashed so........Have a look at a French car near

the
Channel ports - not a bit of tape or plastic in sight.

I seem to recall that UK cars dip to the left - hence the possibility
of causing a problem to oncoming traffic when driving on the right.

OTOH, continetal cars just dip so when they drive on the "wrong" side
of the road it doesn't cause a problem. Hence lack of benders on the
foreign cars you see ijn the UK.

I may be talking complete b****s on this occaision tho'

Cheers 'n' Beers

Hi Nigel:

Yes you are talking b******s!

European specification headlights dip just like ours do - but dip to the
right.

I think it's the USA where headlights don't have a cut off but simply dip
down.

another Nigel.

Old July 13th 04, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Johnny

wrote:

benders, and no-one flashed so........Have a look at a French car
near the Channel ports - not a bit of tape or plastic in sight.

I seem to recall that UK cars dip to the left - hence the possibility
of causing a problem to oncoming traffic when driving on the right.

Yes you are talking b******s!

European specification headlights dip just like ours do - but dip to
the right.
another Nigel.

No I'm afraid you're wrong, I assure you cars in France dip straight up
and down. You're attitude springs from the ignorant "they don't so why
should we" kind of Europhobia of a lot of Brits.

a John

Old July 13th 04, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:55:39 +0200, "Johnny"
wrote:

European specification headlights dip just like ours do - but dip to
the right.

Well we'll be staying with a French family for a few days, they'll
have a collection of vehicles for me to test out this theory.....

Cheers 'n' Beers
Old July 13th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel

Hi Johnny:

No I'm afraid you're wrong, I assure you cars in France dip straight up
and down. You're attitude springs from the ignorant "they don't so why
should we" kind of Europhobia of a lot of Brits.

a John

Is France different from the rest of Europe? My German specification
motorbike and motorhome both had headlights that dipped top the right that
needed to be changed when I moved back to the UK.

Nigel.

Old July 13th 04, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony

Nigel wrote:
Hi Johnny:

No I'm afraid you're wrong, I assure you cars in France dip
straight up and down. You're attitude springs from the ignorant
"they don't so why should we" kind of Europhobia of a lot of Brits.

a John

Is France different from the rest of Europe? My German specification
motorbike and motorhome both had headlights that dipped top the right
that needed to be changed when I moved back to the UK.

I don't know the answer to this, but if any country is likely to be
'different', it will be France!

T.