Caravan Insurance Premiums

Old July 11th 04, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SkodaMan

Default Caravan Insurance Premiums

Received the renewal notice for my 'van insurance this weekend and was
astounded to see that they want 319 for the year. This gives me around
11500 cover for the van and a couple of grand for contents.

It is only costing me 500 to insure both my cars for the year so why such
high premium for the 'van?

Old July 11th 04, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
phil samuel

ry the nfu site,im paying 220 for the same cover
cheers
phil

There is a solution!"

http://www.giantcompany.com

Old July 11th 04, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"SkodaMan" wrote in message
Received the renewal notice for my 'van insurance this weekend and was
astounded to see that they want 319 for the year. This gives me around
11500 cover for the van and a couple of grand for contents.

Is the caravan valued as much as this if it was a write off?
Do you 2000 of contents?

If not get a quote from them for correct values.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 11th 04, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"David" wrote in message

"SkodaMan" wrote in message
Received the renewal notice for my 'van insurance this weekend and was
astounded to see that they want 319 for the year. This gives me around
11500 cover for the van and a couple of grand for contents.

Is the caravan valued as much as this if it was a write off?
Do you 2000 of contents?

If not get a quote from them for correct values.

In my experience (not for a caravan though, ours aren't worth insuring) it's
always worth challenging a premium.

I did last year for the car (asked why it had doubled in a year) and
received another for about half the previous amount. since then we've done
the same for house contents and buildings with resulting reductions.

Mary

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 12th 04, 07:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"SkodaMan" wrote in message
Received the renewal notice for my 'van insurance this weekend and was
astounded to see that they want 319 for the year. This gives me around
11500 cover for the van and a couple of grand for contents.

It is only costing me 500 to insure both my cars for the year so why such
high premium for the 'van?

Caravan insurance premiums are going through the roof, probably because
stealing caravans is how pikeys get theirs and the number of pikeys seems to
be increasing. I've got a camper van valued at 25000 and the annual
insurance for this is less than you're paying for a caravan.

Rgds

Andy R

Old July 12th 04, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Received the renewal notice for my 'van insurance this weekend and was
astounded to see that they want 319 for the year.

Is it twin axle?

Christian.

Old July 12th 04, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

"phil samuel" wrote in message
ry the nfu site,im paying 220 for the same cover
cheers
phil

Am in the middle of looking for renewal at the moment - no-one has yet been
able to beat my renewal premium with NFU.

Old July 12th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Digger

It probably has quite a lot to do with the vunerability to theft by our
friends in the travelling "community" and the real risk of write off damage
from a minor bang

Ps If you get cheap insurance will it just be ok till you claim

Dave

Old July 12th 04, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy_R

"Digger" wrote in message
It probably has quite a lot to do with the vunerability to theft by our
friends in the travelling "community" and the real risk of write off

damage
from a minor bang

Ps If you get cheap insurance will it just be ok till you claim

IME all insurance companies pay out in accordance with the terms of the
policy. If you're meticulous when you take it out and equally so in dealing
with any claim then payout is usually painless. Cheap insurance may have
less cover, it's up to you to buy what you feel you'll need.

Rgds

Andy R