LP Gas cylinder you refill yourself with Autogas.

Old July 12th 04, 07:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campervan Tourist

Default LP Gas cylinder you refill yourself with Autogas.

Anyone with a caravan or campervan that has toured Europe for an extended
period knows the hassles produced by the lack of compatibility of UK gas
cylinders and the myriad of cylinder types sold in Europe. It has been
inconvenient and expensive problem to overcome as you can't get UK culinders
refilled in Europe.

Anyone travelling to Europe for more than a week or two will find this
article very helpful giving details of a new type of gas cylinder that you
can refill yourself with cheap autogas at any LPG service station. Potable
cylinders that just stand in your vans gas cubicle in place of the
conventional red or blue cylinders we all have had no choice but to use for
so long.

See this
http://members.fortunecity.com/degur...ng.htm#Gas2004

Yyou can email the makers of these cylinders in
the UK to get a brochure and price list sent to you. .

Having toured Europe for an extensive period myself I know what a godsend
these will be to many fellow campervanners and caravanners.

Cheers,

Campervan Tourist

Old July 12th 04, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:00:30 +1000, "Campervan Tourist"
wrote:

| Anyone with a caravan or campervan that has toured Europe for an extended
| period knows the hassles produced by the lack of compatibility of UK gas
| cylinders and the myriad of cylinder types sold in Europe. It has been
| inconvenient and expensive problem to overcome as you can't get UK culinders
| refilled in Europe.
|
| Anyone travelling to Europe for more than a week or two will find this
| article very helpful giving details of a new type of gas cylinder that you
| can refill yourself with cheap autogas at any LPG service station. Potable
| cylinders that just stand in your vans gas cubicle in place of the
| conventional red or blue cylinders we all have had no choice but to use for
| so long.
|
| See this
| http://members.fortunecity.com/degur...ng.htm#Gas2004
|
| Yyou can email the makers of these cylinders in
| the UK to get a brochure and price list sent to you. .

Done that weeks ago! gaslo did not reply.

Has anyone here actually bought one, if so how and where?

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The trolls hate my FAQs so much that they are forging my identity
Old July 12th 04, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TP

"Lee_D" oat.co.uk
wrote:

Not done it but wondering why people don't consider using a donut (spare
wheel shaped tank) as on some cars. It could then be fitted under the
chassis or in the front if the owner so chose to.(Help sort out the
noseweight and all that). It would also save all the above faffing around by
using readily available car parts. All that would then be required is a
range of european adapters for the filler.

It has obviously escaped you that autogas (LPG fuel for your car)
draws liquid gas from the bottom of a tank of LPG whereas for cooking
and heating you draw vapour from the top. For this reason, toroidal
(doughnut shaped) tanks made for autogas are fundamentally unsuitable
for caravan use.

I have recently heard of a new tank having been developed with both
types of take-off but believe there is some doubt as to whether it can
comply with all current relevant regulations.

Old July 12th 04, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message

Done that weeks ago! gaslo did not reply.

Has anyone here actually bought one, if so how and where?

Not done it but wondering why people don't consider using a donut (spare
wheel shaped tank) as on some cars. It could then be fitted under the
chassis or in the front if the owner so chose to.(Help sort out the
noseweight and all that). It would also save all the above faffing around by
using readily available car parts. All that would then be required is a
range of european adapters for the filler.

Autogas will be more expesive to use... but better than twigs I guess.

Hoping to pick up my first LPG powered Discovery shortly..like waiting for
Christmas!

Lee D

Old July 12th 04, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TP

"Lee_D" oat.co.uk
wrote:

Your right... is it not possible to fit the tank the other way up then?

In which case the pick up would then be at the top?

So simple it's bound to be a no no. But as your the chap in the know then
who better to ask.

If you had the faintest idea about what you are talking about, which
you patently do not, you would realise that it involves very much more
than merely turning the tank upside down.

Old July 12th 04, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

TP" wrote in message
"Lee_D" oat.co.uk
wrote:
If you had the faintest idea about what you are talking about, which
you patently do not, you would realise that it involves very much more
than merely turning the tank upside down.

Whoa, take a chill pill dude! Like I just said, your the chap in the know,
so go on enlighten me. As I said in the reply it's bound to be a no no.

Lee D
--
________________________________
www.lrproject.com

Old July 12th 04, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TP

"David" wrote:
"Campervan Tourist" wrote:

You can email the makers of these cylinders in
the UK to get a brochure and price list sent to you. .

E-mails to that address get an undeliverable error report.

Try:

The Gaslow website has a downloadable catalogue and price list.

http://www.gaslow.co.uk

Old July 12th 04, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Campervan Tourist" wrote in message

You can email the makers of these cylinders in
the UK to get a brochure and price list sent to you. .

E-mails to that address get an undeliverable error report.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 12th 04, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , TP
writes
"Lee_D" oat.co.uk
wrote:

[...]

You can get 5 hole tanks with liquid and vapour take off.

What regulations would you be referring to? (Please don't quote the
LPGA)
--
hugh