Power Question

Old July 12th 04, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Glenn

Default Power Question

Hi all,

I have looked in my manual and can not find the answer here so I am helping
someone out there can help.

I have a 92 Lunar Jupiter and there is a silver box behind the battery box
where the power plugs in. There is a red light on 1 side with the word
polarity about 2 inches away from it and on the other side is a switch with
no writing on 1 side of the switch and 12v on the other side. Can anyone
clear up for me exactly what these are for and how to use it correctly.

Many thanks

Glenn

Old July 13th 04, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gijs Wuyts

The red light is to indicate that you have a polarity problem (+ and - mixed
up) when connected to 12 V
The switch might be to switch beween 12V and mains.
Best way to find out is
- ask an official dealer about it ( if non-existent got to next) or the
maker: http://www.lunarcaravans.com/
- follow the leads, draw up a little schema, scan it in or take a digital
picture (clear) and post it here or show it to an electrician.

Gijs

Old July 13th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

Glenn

I have a 93 Lunar Clubman and on my power management system unit there is a
circular red neon light next to "polarity" which comes on if the mains
supply is of reverse polarity, and the switch with 12v next to it switches
on the battery charger. If the polarity light comes on swap over the live
and neutral supply wires, or sit tight and be aware that neutral is live and
vice versa. It won't harm the system only you if you fiddle and forget.
Use the 12v switch to switch on the charger. I usually leave this on all
the time unless I want to give the battery a bit of healthy exercise.

Paul