Renting out my caravan

Old July 13th 04, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bond

Default Renting out my caravan

Hi all
I have a luxury 6 berth caravan at a well known Haven campsite. All my
summer weeks are now booked up but it was a struggle renting it out.
So which would be the best place to advertise as i haven,t got my own
website, and the adverts in the papers only had people phoning right at the
last minute.
The best place so far seems to be on Ebay but then i have to pay all the
charges which does make it expensive in the end
Personally i wish i,d never bought at Haven site as the ground rent
there is astronomical plus the club passes have gone up drastically over the
last couple of years.
Anybody any thoughts or help on this subject please
Regards John

Old July 13th 04, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kqr

In article , wrote

Hi all
I have a luxury 6 berth caravan at a well known Haven campsite. All my
summer weeks are now booked up but it was a struggle renting it out.

So which would be the best place to advertise as i haven,t got my own
website, and the adverts in the papers only had people phoning right at the
last minute.

The best place so far seems to be on Ebay but then i have to pay all the
charges which does make it expensive in the end

Personally i wish i,d never bought at Haven site as the ground rent
there is astronomical plus the club passes have gone up drastically over the
last couple of years.

Anybody any thoughts or help on this subject please
Regards John

Been there done that. I ran three 'Top of the range' statics at
Primrose Valley and one at haggerston for a couple of years. Then
sold up and got rid due to unreasonable charges made by Haven. [91 - 94]

I used an agent to handle all the bookings etc. However, my sincere
advice to you is to get rid as soon as you can. To compete with Haven
when the pinch is on you will be hard pressed to get a decent and
probably needed return.

You can get free software to help you build yer own web site and getting
a host for it is not hard. However, you are unlikely to get many 'additional'
punters and in the end you will have to advertise your site.

If you are trying to fund the cost of the van by renting and you need
to do this then you are going to have a nasty shock.

Old July 13th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lobby

Try informing the local Tourist offices of your availabilities I know for a
fact that families want this type of accommodation during the season
best of luck
t...

Old July 14th 04, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
sPoNiX

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:39:29 +0100, "john BOND"
wrote:

Hi all
I have a luxury 6 berth caravan at a well known Haven campsite. All my
summer weeks are now booked up but it was a struggle renting it out.
So which would be the best place to advertise as i haven,t got my own
website, and the adverts in the papers only had people phoning right at the
last minute.
The best place so far seems to be on Ebay but then i have to pay all the
charges which does make it expensive in the end
Personally i wish i,d never bought at Haven site as the ground rent
there is astronomical plus the club passes have gone up drastically over the
last couple of years.
Anybody any thoughts or help on this subject please
Regards John

Try advertising in local shop windows and also your local
adtrader/loot type classifieds paper.

sPoNiX

Old October 10th 11, 03:47 PM
Dobbo Dobbo is offline
Junior Member

Wink

Hi Mate,

Been there too... With Haven they do a sublet form but this is for the whole year and defeats the idea of owning a caravan. i wanted to go when i wanted not when it was free... Also when i got my account at the end of the year it was half what i expected. they take for everything.

I have found a company on the internet called late breaks uk that market the caravan and i can put it up for hire on a week by week basis up to 12 months in advance. they have a booking calander that shows what they book and I can put my own private bookings on too. Well recommended and its not controlled by haven.

May help.
Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPoNiX View Post