Parking sensors and caravans

Old July 15th 04, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

Default Parking sensors and caravans

I'm picking up a new car today and it has rear parking sensors. I presume
that the warning bleeper will be sounding continuously when reversing with
the caravan attached?

Kev

Old July 15th 04, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Halley

Could do, unless there is a deactification button, or the towbar fitters
have wired a relay in to stop it.

Cheers

David

www.halleycaravans.com

Old July 15th 04, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SkodaMan

I will be finding out on Saturday when I hook up the caravan for the first
time to my new motor with sensors!

Old July 15th 04, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:08:47 GMT, "SkodaMan"
wrote:

| I will be finding out on Saturday when I hook up the caravan for the first
| time to my new motor with sensors!

IME parking sensors are *great* when reversing onto the van.
With mine I reverse till the the sound is just continuous and the car is
the right distance from the van.

The bumper protector plate is a bit more difficult. The sensors detected
it in it's normal position, and I had to bend it back towards the bumper.

Dave F
Old July 15th 04, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

"Mike R" wrote in message

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
I'm picking up a new car today and it has rear parking sensors. I

presume
that the warning bleeper will be sounding continuously when reversing

with
the caravan attached?

Kev

What car?

Rover 75 Tourer - CDTi

Kev

Old July 15th 04, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

You will need the extension kit which places the sensors at the back of the
caravan and cuts out the rear bumper sensors when caravan is attached.

Cheers, Peter.

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
: I'm picking up a new car today and it has rear parking sensors. I presume
: that the warning bleeper will be sounding continuously when reversing with
: the caravan attached?
:
: Kev
:
:

Old July 16th 04, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike R

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message

"Mike R" wrote in message

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
I'm picking up a new car today and it has rear parking sensors. I

presume
that the warning bleeper will be sounding continuously when reversing

with
the caravan attached?

Kev

What car?

Rover 75 Tourer - CDTi

Kev

I had a Saab Estate, you needed to press the "SID" button for 5 mins when in
reverse if you wanted to disenagage the sensors i.e with a caravan on the
back.. The manual should be able to tell you how to switch them off.

With them I could reverse onto the hitch with no assistance. Unfortunately
I now have a Shogun - which does have them :-(.

Old July 16th 04, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

"Mike R" wrote in message

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message

"Mike R" wrote in message

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
I'm picking up a new car today and it has rear parking sensors. I

presume
that the warning bleeper will be sounding continuously when

reversing
with
the caravan attached?

Kev

What car?

Rover 75 Tourer - CDTi

Kev

I had a Saab Estate, you needed to press the "SID" button for 5 mins when

in
reverse if you wanted to disenagage the sensors i.e with a caravan on the
back.. The manual should be able to tell you how to switch them off.

With them I could reverse onto the hitch with no assistance.

Unfortunately
I now have a Shogun - which does have them :-(.

I'm having a detachable tow ball fitted and because I need to put a
clamp-type stabiliser bracket onto the swan-neck the fitter has recommended
a Brink (he says that Witters have a tapering swan neck which is not as
suitable for the clamp). Visiting the Brink web-site I note that if
rear-parking sensors are fitted there is a facility with the wiring kit to
disable them when the caravan is connected. Problem solved!

Kev

Old July 16th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

"Peter Milnes" wrote in message
You will need the extension kit which places the sensors at the back of

the
caravan and cuts out the rear bumper sensors when caravan is attached.

I don't think that I would bother with the expense of that. My wife is
always at the back of the 'van when I'm reversing and she screams very loud
when I'm about to squash her !!

Kev