Is it busy out there this year ..?

Old July 15th 04, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T i m

Default Is it busy out there this year ..?

Hi All,

For the last few years we have managed to get away for a couple of
weeks during the school holidays for our 'family' motorcycle / camping
break.

One year we did New Forest (horses), St Austell (Eden Project / Lands
End), Linton / Lynmouth (slopey railway), Cardiff (Techniquest), North
Wales (mines / railway), Malvern (bike rally) and back to London.

Another year it was Peal District (midges), Fort William (midges),
Loch Ness (midges) Dornoch (bike rally / John-O-Groats), Perth (no
midges!), Beamish, Skeggy (beach) and home ;-(

On both of the above trips we simply phoned ahead to the target C&CC
site that morning, made a booking and all was fine?

This year we were thinking of using the folding caravan and doing less
miles, maybe heading to the New Forest again but one of the C&CC sites
down there said 'no chance'? Apparently it is has been fully booked
ahead for some time?

Anyone got a feel for how busy the sites have been so far or if they
have not been able to book during the 'High Season' (AKA the School
Holidays ..) sigh?

The 'girls' wanted to go to the IOW (I'm not bothered .. ferry etc)
but I assume that would be pretty busy as well?

All the best ..

T i m