Asking the impossible?

Old July 17th 04, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Eirlys

Default Asking the impossible?

We would love to find a CL, in the South, with a stream, where our
grandson could paddle/play without upsetting fellow campers and/or the
owners.Are we asking the impossible?

Old July 17th 04, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

David wrote:

I think for people who
know the area will need to know which club (s) you belong to, as CL
are club members only.

I would assume it to be the CC. The C&CC call their equivalent sites CS's
rather than CL's.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old July 17th 04, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Eirlys wrote:

We would love to find a CL, in the South, with a stream, where our
grandson could paddle/play without upsetting fellow campers and/or the
owners.Are we asking the impossible?

Does it have to be a CL? The Forestry Commission have a small informal site
(own toilet required etc.) right by a stream - just outside Brockenhurst in
the New Forest, within spitting distance of the CC Black Knowl site.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old July 17th 04, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Eirlys" wrote in message

We would love to find a CL, in the South, with a stream, where our
grandson could paddle/play without upsetting fellow campers and/or the
owners.Are we asking the impossible?

So long as he is well behaved and well manored he would not upset us.
Feel sure you will find a site with a stream, maybe the description in the
club handbook will say. By the way I think for people who know the area
will need to know which club (s) you belong to, as CL are club members only.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 17th 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:15:23 GMT, "David" wrote:

| By the way I think for people who know the area
| will need to know which club (s) you belong to, as CL are club members only.

I have personally camped on a CC CL with no problems. Had a long
discussion with the owner about leaving potential weapons (hammer) outside
my tent. Nice guy :-)

Dave F

Old July 20th 04, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:39:24 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:15:23 GMT, "David" wrote:

| By the way I think for people who know the area
| will need to know which club (s) you belong to, as CL are club members only.

I have personally camped on a CC CL with no problems. Had a long
discussion with the owner about leaving potential weapons (hammer) outside
my tent. Nice guy :-)

Dave F

Heh heh, so you managed to use a CC, CL whilst I believe you are a
C&CC member.

Great! That means I need not drive straight past CC, CL's in future
if they look to be up to my C&CC standard ;o)

Neil (also C&CC member and tent user)

Old July 20th 04, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil