Question re TV

Old July 17th 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default Question re TV

I was wondering if anyone used their flat screen monitor which they use for
the computer as a TV screen for use in the caravan, probably only for 3
weeks a year.
I am buying a flat screen monitor to use with the computer at home and we
would like to save space in the caravan. Neovo do 2 types of TV adaptors a
frame kit and a more sophisticated kit which maybe too many features for us.
one. Has anyone used one of these with any success. Thank you for any input
Liz

Old July 17th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony

liz hall" "remove the spam wrote:
I was wondering if anyone used their flat screen monitor which they
use for the computer as a TV screen for use in the caravan, probably
only for 3 weeks a year.
I am buying a flat screen monitor to use with the computer at home
and we would like to save space in the caravan. Neovo do 2 types of
TV adaptors a frame kit and a more sophisticated kit which maybe too
many features for us. one. Has anyone used one of these with any
success. Thank you for any input Liz

I asked a similar question a few weeks back - got a link in reply...

http://www.hanged.co.uk/scanconvas.htm

Search for STK-LCDTVBOX; others in there too depending how complicated you
want it.

How do these prices compare to Neovo?

I haven't followed up on it yet though.

Tony

Old July 17th 04, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Coley

If you buy a flet screen tv some come with monitor leads the one I have is
an LG 15" I have not used it a monitor as I have already got one so I do not
know how they work
Hope this helps Paul

Old July 17th 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Thanks I didnt want to buy a tv only a monitor for computer which I can also
use in caravan.
Liz
k...

Old July 17th 04, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Thanks. Looking into it.
The monitor chosen by son who is computer literate was Neovo F-17C part no.
62807 from Ebuyer, they are good firm to deal with and prices keen. They
also had keyboard I liked part no. 42135 CKB-500 and I got their Chico
cordless mouse last week which is super.
The kits we saw were on www.Scan.co.uk and they were 59.93 inc VAT for
the frame one and the sophisticated one we did not get prices on as we only
found them by chance when we were looking for a flat screen monitor TV
Will be in touch again when I have read your link
Liz

Old July 17th 04, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

In message , liz hall
"remove the muttered:
The monitor chosen by son who is computer literate was Neovo F-17C part no.
62807 from Ebuyer, they are good firm to deal with and prices keen. They
also had keyboard I liked part no. 42135 CKB-500 and I got their Chico
cordless mouse last week which is super.
The kits we saw were on www.Scan.co.uk and they were 59.93 inc VAT for
the frame one and the sophisticated one we did not get prices on as we only
found them by chance when we were looking for a flat screen monitor TV
Will be in touch again when I have read your link

I've seen the frame you speak of, on scan's website. But I'm not
entirely sure what it does... From your description, the frame contains
a tv tuner(?). Does the monitor clip into the frame or something? Could
the frame be permanently(ish) mounted in the 'van?

The monitor looks really nice, but the frame doesn't look as if it would
hold the monitor. Am I missing something??

(PS. I can thoroughly recommend Scan International)

--
Andy
Old July 18th 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

Dear Liz,

I have used the monitor I am looking at now as a TV in my van for over a
year.
I have modified the mount to make it quick change and have a similar mount
fitted on the shelf above the front window of my van, but I'm lucky in that
I have access to a workshop to make this possible. The monitor takes AV in
from my 12v Skybox, and also as a separate item I bought the TV tuner module
which clips on to the back of the monitor for terrestial analogue. The
speakers are poor but this is not an issue as I use a pair of built-in old
computer speakers which give excellent sound especially with the sky box.
I bought the unit from DABS on 13/04/03 and the monitor (Stock code
401-010-0150) cost 229.00 and the tuner unit (104-010-0030) 45.00 inc VAT.
One drawback is that I cannot get the sky remote to work the monitor and so
have 2 remotes. The picture is excellent, and covered with a clip on
picture of the caravan (sad) when not in use.
Of course these are no longer available, but I notice there are similar
later units, although surprisingly at a higher price.

Cheers Paul

Old July 18th 04, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Looked on the site you suggested and really it was all a bit beyond me, so I
have downloaded and printed it out for my son to evaluate when he comes
round as he is a real buff. Thanks
Liz
k...

Old July 18th 04, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

In message , ZZhivago
muttered:
The monitor takes AV in
from my 12v Skybox

We have a Sky box in our 'van, how does the flat screen monitor connect
to the Sky box?

TIA!

--
Andy