water taste

Old July 19th 04, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dave

Default water taste

Hi,

Does anyone know what makes the water taste like `metalic` is the only way
to describe it, I have read here somewhere,
Is it the filter that gives it this taste? I have used puriclean and
followed directions to the book, we have had older vans` with no filter and
never had this problem.........the water is undrinkable, even when boiled it
taste aweful, when taken direct from the stand pipe it taste`s perfect.

Dave

Old July 19th 04, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"dave" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know what makes the water taste like `metalic` is the only way
to describe it, I have read here somewhere,
Is it the filter that gives it this taste? I have used puriclean and
followed directions to the book, we have had older vans` with no filter

and
never had this problem.........the water is undrinkable, even when boiled

it
taste aweful, when taken direct from the stand pipe it taste`s perfect.

Then why not drink it from the stand pipe? We do.

Mary

Dave

Old July 19th 04, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"John Allan" wrote in message
.uk...
In article , "Mary

Fisher"
wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
taste aweful, when taken direct from the stand pipe it taste`s

perfect.

Then why not drink it from the stand pipe? We do.

Do you bother to wipe it first...

We let it run for a few seconds.

--
John Allan

Old July 19th 04, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"John Allan" wrote in message
.uk...
In article , "Mary

Fisher"

Old July 20th 04, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:57:32 +0100, "dave"
wrote:

Does anyone know what makes the water taste like `metalic` is the only way
to describe it, I have read here somewhere,
Is it the filter that gives it this taste? I have used puriclean and
followed directions to the book, we have had older vans` with no filter and
never had this problem.........the water is undrinkable, even when boiled it
taste aweful, when taken direct from the stand pipe it taste`s perfect.

I've had it on vans that had a filter and in vans that did not have a
filter, the filter seems to make no difference at all. However, I can
always get rid of it by filling my Aquaroll up with a puriclens
mixture and leaving it overnight, then pumping the solution into the
caravan and leaving for several hours and then rinsing the whole lot
through with about 4 barrels of water. Mind you I've got fed up with
doing that so now have a 1 gallon fresh water bottle that we keep
clean and fresh and drink only the water that we keep in there,
changing it daily.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old July 20th 04, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:51:42 +0100, bill lord
wrote:

| On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:57:32 +0100, "dave"
| wrote:
|
| Does anyone know what makes the water taste like `metalic` is the only way
| to describe it, I have read here somewhere,
| Is it the filter that gives it this taste? I have used puriclean and
| followed directions to the book, we have had older vans` with no filter and
| never had this problem.........the water is undrinkable, even when boiled it
| taste aweful, when taken direct from the stand pipe it taste`s perfect.
|
| I've had it on vans that had a filter and in vans that did not have a
| filter, the filter seems to make no difference at all. However, I can
| always get rid of it by filling my Aquaroll up with a puriclens
| mixture and leaving it overnight, then pumping the solution into the
| caravan and leaving for several hours and then rinsing the whole lot
| through with about 4 barrels of water.

Then replace the filter if fitted.

Dave F