France - things to take....?

Old July 20th 04, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BDD Blunt

Default France - things to take....?

Hi all

We're off to France this summer for our first os trip.

Any hints and tips with regard to what to take with us that is difficult to
obtain over there or that is just plain useful to have over the water?

Any pointers gratefully received - off just before BH weekend so getting
close now!

Cheers
Ben

Old July 20th 04, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel

"BDD Blunt" wrote in message
Hi all

We're off to France this summer for our first os trip.

Any hints and tips with regard to what to take with us that is difficult

obtain over there or that is just plain useful to have over the water?

Any pointers gratefully received - off just before BH weekend so getting
close now!

Cheers
Ben

We've never been short of anything as the supermarkets there seem to stock
the same as here in the UK (though mostly cheaper!).

However, the one thing we always take with us for when we decide to cook for
ourselves is Bisto as we've never found a French equivalent - I guess the
French make their own gravy thickening from scratch!

Nigel.

Old July 20th 04, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ronacj

Have fun -we went lasyt year for the first time and again this year
You cannot buy Baked Beans or Gravy granules
You need to take a n adaptor with a two pin plug for french hook ups and a
polarity tester as many sites have the polarity reversed
Ronacj

Old July 20th 04, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

There is plenty of everything, take a dictionary telling the different kinds
of meat etc, useful to know when you are buying rabbit, mutton, etc.. Some
of the BBQ kebabs have meats completely different from ours and a dictionary
helps.

Old July 20th 04, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Nigel" wrote in message

However, the one thing we always take with us for when we decide to cook

for
ourselves is Bisto as we've never found a French equivalent - I guess the
French make their own gravy thickening from scratch!

Wouldn't you prefer to do that?

Mary

Nigel.