broken sink tap

Old July 20th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
B Teece

Default broken sink tap

Has anybody had a problem with breaking tap spouts over the kitchen sink in
Swift Challengers. These taps may be also fitted to other vans. The problem
occurs when you try to swivel the tap so that it lays down to lower the
glass lid over the sink.This has happened to me twice and at 40.00 each
it's getting expensive.Is this a common fault.

Old July 21st 04, 01:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Allen Mcmanus

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:59:20 GMT, "B Teece"
wrote:

Has anybody had a problem with breaking tap spouts over the kitchen sink in
Swift Challengers. These taps may be also fitted to other vans. The problem
occurs when you try to swivel the tap so that it lays down to lower the
glass lid over the sink.This has happened to me twice and at £40.00 each
it's getting expensive.Is this a common fault.

No, it's not common.

Maybe you should try not being so heavy handed with them!

Old July 21st 04, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

..This has happened to me twice and at 40.00 each
it's getting expensive.Is this a common fault.

No, it's not common.

Maybe you should try not being so heavy handed with them!

Yes it is common to pay rip off prices for a cheap plastic item.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 22nd 04, 02:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Abbey Spectrum

"B Teece" wrote in message
Has anybody had a problem with breaking tap spouts over the kitchen sink

in
Swift Challengers. These taps may be also fitted to other vans. The

problem
occurs when you try to swivel the tap so that it lays down to lower the
glass lid over the sink.This has happened to me twice and at 40.00 each
it's getting expensive.Is this a common fault.

Yep! Had this happen in my Abbey (Swift brand) this year. Leaked water into
front bed locker.Fortunately, it was repaired under warranty, but can't
offer any crumb of comfort on this.

Old August 23rd 04, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

wrote:

Has anybody had a problem with breaking tap spouts over the kitchen sink in
Swift Challengers. These taps may be also fitted to other vans. The problem
occurs when you try to swivel the tap so that it lays down to lower the
glass lid over the sink.This has happened to me twice and at 40.00 each
it's getting expensive.Is this a common fault.

It's just happened to ours!

On examination the plastic has been fractured and "going" for some
time as only about a fifth of the circimference was a clean break the
rest was stained indicating water contamination long before it came
away in my hand.

Was that 40 fitted, or just for the tap ??

Cheers 'n' Beers