Skylight

Old July 20th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stevecam

Default Skylight

Hi all

Well in France we managed to crack a hole in the side (that is to say the
housing as opposed to the part that opens) of our skylight. It is a 35cm
square hole and I can't seem to find one of the right size.

Cutting the roof seem to be a bit drastic.

Any suggestions on where I might get one?

Cheers

Steve

Old July 21st 04, 01:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Allen Mcmanus

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:02:09 GMT, "Stevecam"
wrote:

Hi all

Well in France we managed to crack a hole in the side (that is to say the
housing as opposed to the part that opens) of our skylight. It is a 35cm
square hole and I can't seem to find one of the right size.

Cutting the roof seem to be a bit drastic.

Any suggestions on where I might get one?

How can we answer when you haven't told us which make/type of caravan
you have.

Do people not think before posting here, or are they all terminally
stupid?

Old July 21st 04, 06:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Stevecam typed:
Hi all

Well in France we managed to crack a hole in the side (that is to say the
housing as opposed to the part that opens) of our skylight. It is a 35cm
square hole and I can't seem to find one of the right size.

Cutting the roof seem to be a bit drastic.

Any suggestions on where I might get one?

Any decent dealer should have a few different sizes in stock and they're
easy to replace ..

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks

Old July 21st 04, 06:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:02:09 GMT, "Stevecam" wrote:

| Hi all
|
| Well in France we managed to crack a hole in the side (that is to say the
| housing as opposed to the part that opens) of our skylight. It is a 35cm
| square hole and I can't seem to find one of the right size.
|
| Cutting the roof seem to be a bit drastic.
|
| Any suggestions on where I might get one?

One of ours broke, it was an absolute doddle to replace, just a few screws
inside.
Our local caravan dealers had a good stock of complete items.

Remember to clean all the sealant off, and replace it with whatever your
Caravan dealer recomends.

Dave F

Old July 21st 04, 06:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 21st 04, 06:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 02:52:09 +0100, Allen Mcmanus wrote:

| How can we answer when you haven't told us which make/type of caravan
| you have.

There are only a very few different designs.

Dave F

Old July 21st 04, 06:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 21st 04, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Manders

wrote:

Hi all

Well in France we managed to crack a hole in the side (that is to say the
housing as opposed to the part that opens) of our skylight. It is a 35cm
square hole and I can't seem to find one of the right size.

Cutting the roof seem to be a bit drastic.

Any suggestions on where I might get one?

How can we answer when you haven't told us which make/type of caravan
you have.

Do people not think before posting here, or are they all terminally
stupid?

Roof vents are not made by any particular caravan maker. They are a bought
in item so the van details are irrelevant
Towsure offer a vent 320 x 360. Are you sure that your vent was square?
Towsure link
http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?d=33&t=534&p=0&op=

John