Road Works

Old July 21st 04, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim Roberts

Default Road Works

Hi everyone.............We are travelling tomorrow evening (Thursday).
M62 - M18 - M1 - A42 - M42 - M5 - A30.

We would be interested in any roadworks or holdups that people might have
come across in the past week.

Thanks

Carol & Jim R

Old July 21st 04, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
in2minds

Hi everyone.............We are travelling tomorrow evening (Thursday).
M62 - M18 - M1 - A42 - M42 - M5 - A30.

We would be interested in any roadworks or holdups that people might

have
come across in the past week.

yeh, more bloody caravans hogging the middle lane (c;

Old July 21st 04, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Jim Roberts wrote:

Hi everyone.............We are travelling tomorrow evening (Thursday).
M62 - M18 - M1 - A42 - M42 - M5 - A30.

We would be interested in any roadworks or holdups that people might
have come across in the past week.

Thanks

Carol & Jim R

You should find fairly comprehensive roadworks info on Ceefax - can't
remember the page though!

I guess it's also on line. Can anyone post a link?

From my own recent experience, there are a lot of roadworks and lane
restrictions on the M42 in the section between Birmingham Airport and the
top of the M40.

Were it not for major roadworks at Warwick, where the A46 crosses the M40 at
J15, I would suggest avoiding the A42 and M42 and going M69, A46 instead -
joining the M5 at J9, near Tewkesbury.

--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old July 21st 04, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ROBIN DUMPLETON

M5 Jnc7-9 road works and cows on the M42 at 4a but I think the police will
have given them speeding tickets and had them towed away by now.

Robin

Old July 21st 04, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
in2minds

Hi everyone.............We are travelling tomorrow evening (Thursday).
M62 - M18 - M1 - A42 - M42 - M5 - A30.

We would be interested in any roadworks or holdups that people might

have
come across in the past week.

seriously though...

http://www.rac.co.uk/travelservices/traffic/

Old July 21st 04, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

in2minds wrote:

Hi everyone.............We are travelling tomorrow evening
(Thursday). M62 - M18 - M1 - A42 - M42 - M5 - A30.

We would be interested in any roadworks or holdups that people might
have come across in the past week.

seriously though...

http://www.rac.co.uk/travelservices/traffic/

Good link - thanks!

Sounds like the M42, and M5 north of J9, are best avoided!

--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock