Hobby Servicing Rip-Off

Old July 29th 04, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

Default Hobby Servicing Rip-Off

In message , David
klyne muttered:
I don't particularly want to get into a discussion about the pros and cons
of Germany caravans, suffice to say that I am on my third new UK caravan in
15 years and I have been delighted with them all and have not suffered from
the problems that a lot of people think they do suffer from.

Hi David,

My post wasn't meant as an attack on UK 'vans, sorry if it came across
that way! I was sticking up for my 'van after I felt the "brand" of my
'van had been attacked!! Couldn't stay silent (which my wife says is a
problem).

I think the bottom line is that who ever we are, we buy within a price
range. My price range included ~6-8 year old UK 'vans, or a brand new
import Hobby. Knowing nothing about caravans, a new 'van was a better
bet than an older used one. That being said, I think that the structural
build quality of my 'van is really excellent.

It's each to their own, and I'd certainly not rule out a UK 'van in the
future - but I might also buy another German one. Much would depend on
my constraints at the time - as it does with us all (unfortunately!).

--
Andy