modern caravan faults

Old August 2nd 04, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

Default modern caravan faults

wrote in message
om...
Why do I have to have a shower,
Why do I have to have a Hot Water Boiler. We had the choice with the
Lynton, and chose not to. I have yet to meet anyone who says they are
essential.

Well I for one would not even consider buying a caravan that did not have a
water heater and a shower. My wife and I use both every day we are away. We
simply cannot understand what we always refer to as the 'morning amble'.
Caravanners get up, get dressed, and walk off to the shower block where they
get undressed. They shower and then they get dressed again. They return to
the caravan and often, because they've gone to the shower block in a
track-suit or something similar, get undressed and dressed again in order to
go out for the day!!
My wife and I get up, have a shower in the caravan, get dressed - and we're
ready for the day. It's the same with dish washing - why troop off with a
crate full of dirty dishes, and queue up to use a sink in the toilet block,
when you can wash them in the caravan sink? It just seems so pointless to
us.

Kev

Old August 3rd 04, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

"BrianG" wrote in message

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

Using that argument, why not stay in a hotel and get your breakfast cooked
for you as well.

Because caravanning, as we all know, is totally different to a hotel
holiday. My wife and I do still take hotel holidays every now and again -
but we still love our caravan. We just find it perplexing that so many
caravanners seem not to want to use the facilities provided for them in the
caravan!

Kev

Old August 3rd 04, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message

Using that argument, why not stay in a hotel and get your breakfast

cooked
for you as well.

Because caravanning, as we all know, is totally different to a hotel
holiday. My wife and I do still take hotel holidays every now and again -
but we still love our caravan. We just find it perplexing that so many
caravanners seem not to want to use the facilities provided for them in

the
caravan!

Kev

I agree with your original sentiments about using van facilities, we always
use ours regardless of how good the site facilities are. The whole point of
caravanning is about relaxing and setting your own time table. Hardly
possible in a hotel!!!

Going a little further back to the premise of the post that started this
thread. I can't speak for other makes but our last 3 vans have, CI, Sterling
Europa and the new one Sterling Eccles and I have to say that I have been
very pleased with the quality of all of them. The Eccles is even quite
modern looking inside, in a tasteful way.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports