Swift Caravan Problems - 3-year old vans

Old August 3rd 04, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Murphy

Default Swift Caravan Problems - 3-year old vans

I have a personal beef bout damp, design, and materials

But an interesting point from Mike S

Is a caravan that has damp ingress - or, indeed, one that constantly needs
checking for damp (bearing in mind that by the time it's detected it is TOO
LATE -) - fit for purpose?

"Paul Saunders" wrote in message
I think the most important thing is for damp checking. This is part of the
servicing, but I would get a copy of the damp check points, just in case
your dealer says the van is ok and when you come to trade it in they then
say it's got damp. This makes the difference between a van being worth
market value or virtually nothing at all and an expensive repair bill.

Most
other things can be fixed easily enough. It's the main reason I've been
having my 2 year old Swift serviced each year.
"Jim Burt" wrote in message
My caravan is due for its service this month, just before the 3-year
warranty expires.

Is there anything I should look for, maybe hidden, before the warranty
expires?

That is, apart from broken tap on kitchen sink which seems a common

problem
reading recent correspondence.

Jim Burt

Antispam - To reply to me please remove spaces and change at to @

j i m . b u r t at c l i f t o n c o m p u t e r . c o m

Old August 3rd 04, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BrianG

Not exactly following your discussion - but It's funny I have changed my
caravan 3 times over the years and each time as far as I was concerned there
was no damp - but hey-presto as soon as a dealer looked at it to give me a
sale price they 'said' there was damp in each one. It seems too much of a
coincidence to me. Is it a way of giving you less for your old caravan??