Caravans banished to slow lane on M5

Old August 8th 04, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
eTOMd

Default Caravans banished to slow lane on M5

Instead of a blanket ban/law/assumption for all caravan owners (towers) to
keep to the slow lane on motorways. The government/police would be advized
to spent its energy checking the caravan/trailer towing weights of vehicles.
They might have a shock in finding a lot of vehicles towing illegally and
struggling to keep up any sort of speed on an incline

After having spent an exorbitant amount of money on a Caravan and matched
Car making it as safe as is possible for me to tow I am constantly amazed at
the number of matched combinations that are downright dangerous and illegal.

Old August 8th 04, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , eTOMd
writes
Instead of a blanket ban/law/assumption for all caravan owners (towers) to
keep to the slow lane on motorways. The government/police would be advized
to spent its energy checking the caravan/trailer towing weights of vehicles.
They might have a shock in finding a lot of vehicles towing illegally and
struggling to keep up any sort of speed on an incline

After having spent an exorbitant amount of money on a Caravan and matched
Car making it as safe as is possible for me to tow I am constantly amazed at
the number of matched combinations that are downright dangerous and illegal.

U think you'll find they do, especially in the most popular locations
e.g. south west and North Yorks.
--
hugh

Old August 9th 04, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , eTOMd
writes
"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , eTOMd
writes
"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , eTOMd
writes
[...]

Never seen any evidence myself.....................!

RU new to this group?
--

Now I wonder what you have in mind.......No.

Well there have been posts reporting just this type of police activity
in North Yorks very recently.
--
hugh
Old August 9th 04, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , eTOMd
writes
"hugh" ] wrote in message