How much would you pay/

Old August 8th 04, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

Default How much would you pay/

In message , Tmax
muttered:
what would be the
final straw that makes people say, 'That's it - I'm packing it in'?

Without doubt it is expensive, but possibly not as bad a picture as you
paint(?).

For us, it works out something like:

storage: 170
insurance: 200
servicing: 140
depreciation: 500
loss of interest: ~250
towbar (div. 3): 50

total: 1310 (and that could be considered conservative)

OTOH, maybe it *is* as bad as you make out!

Last year, we spent ~40 nights in the 'van equating to 1310/40 =
32.75/night before site fees or petrol.

With an old (read 'cheap') 'van, you could eliminate most of the above -
which is where 'vanning becomes cost effective. Also, the more you use
it, the cheaper it is - so we should all go away more often!

BUT, we don't do it for the cost, do we?

--
Andy