Space Saver Tyres

Old August 8th 04, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Default Space Saver Tyres

In message , a name
writes
Ther e is a legal requirement for all new cars to be equiped with some means
to move the vehicle after a puncture, be that a spare wheel, Space saving
wheel or tyre repair aerosol can. I have a car which runs on LPG, and my
spare is in the garage as the boot space is very limited, I have an aerosol
of tyre weld in the boot (10 from halfords, they also do a cheaper one for
smaller tyres) Although I am weary of using it particularly when towing. I
think I'll through my spare in the trailer tent when we go away next.

The question of legal requirements has come up in the LPG newsgroup. Can
you tell us where this requirement is documented?
--
hugh
Old August 17th 04, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark

There was some controversy when Jaguar launched the xj220 as it had no
spare, they had to put an aerosol in the car.

news