Tyre pressure

Old September 23rd 04, 05:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon frohmaier

Default Tyre pressure

Hi

have an Adria optima 400b with no manual. Does anyone know the correct
tyre pressure for them.

thanks
--
Jon Frohmaier
Old September 23rd 04, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
lambert

"jon frohmaier" a écrit dans le message de

Hi

have an Adria optima 400b with no manual. Does anyone know the correct
tyre pressure for them.

thanks
--
Jon Frohmaier

My own experience with a similar vehicle (Adria 390DB) suggests that
anything below 3 bars is likely to cause overheating in hot summer
conditions.

A pressure between 3 and 3.2 bars seems adequate to me, even though
this exceeds the Max Pressure inscription on the tyre walls
(2.5 bars in my case).

I did not notice any grip difference between 2.5 and 3.2 bars
but this summer in the South of France, I did notice a dramatic
difference in tyre temperature (something like 70-80 degrees C
at 2.5 bar, vs 40-50 deg at 3.2 bars).

Old September 24th 04, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , lambert
writes
"jon frohmaier" a écrit dans le message de
. ..

Hi

have an Adria optima 400b with no manual. Does anyone know the correct
tyre pressure for them.

thanks
--
Jon Frohmaier

My own experience with a similar vehicle (Adria 390DB) suggests that
anything below 3 bars is likely to cause overheating in hot summer
conditions.

A pressure between 3 and 3.2 bars seems adequate to me, even though
this exceeds the Max Pressure inscription on the tyre walls
(2.5 bars in my case).

I did not notice any grip difference between 2.5 and 3.2 bars
but this summer in the South of France, I did notice a dramatic
difference in tyre temperature (something like 70-80 degrees C
at 2.5 bar, vs 40-50 deg at 3.2 bars).

I would have thought it a bit unwise to say the least to exceed the max
pressure stamped on the side of the tyre wall.
--
hugh

Old September 24th 04, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
lambert

"hugh" ] a écrit dans le message de
I would have thought it a bit unwise to say the least to exceed the max
pressure stamped on the side of the tyre wall.

Admittedly, but I still feel more confortable than with tyres that are too
hot to keep the hand on!

Old September 24th 04, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

hugh ] wrote:

I would have thought it a bit unwise to say the least to exceed the
max pressure stamped on the side of the tyre wall.

Absolutely! If you have to exceed the stated max pressure to keep the tyres
cool, I can't help feeling the max load is also being exceeded. Now that
*is* dangerous!
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old October 1st 04, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
lambert

"Hitch Lock" ...

Absolutely! If you have to exceed the stated max pressure to keep the

tyres
cool, I can't help feeling the max load is also being exceeded. Now that
*is* dangerous!

I checked that. The max load is not exceeded. But there is no margin:
tyre load index 82 = 475 = exactly 1/2 the caravan max weight