Scottish sites with fishing?

Old September 23rd 04, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
garmon

Default Scottish sites with fishing?

Just starting my final year of a degree as a mature student, which finishes
next June.
As a way of maintaining sanity over the winter, I thought I'd make some
provisional plans for next summer's break!
We would like to tour anywhere in Scotland, and I would dearly like to
combine it with a few days river fishing! If anyone could suggest any sites
(preferably with hook-up, but not essential), I would be grateful.

Thanks a lot,
Steve.

Old September 24th 04, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil Cairns

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:15:53 GMT, "garmon"
wrote:

Just starting my final year of a degree as a mature student, which finishes
next June.
As a way of maintaining sanity over the winter, I thought I'd make some
provisional plans for next summer's break!
We would like to tour anywhere in Scotland, and I would dearly like to
combine it with a few days river fishing! If anyone could suggest any sites
(preferably with hook-up, but not essential), I would be grateful.

Thanks a lot,
Steve.
Carradale Bay on the Mull of Kintyre Paninsular river and sea fishing

CC under Management Lovely site and people.
enjoy

Old September 25th 04, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian D

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:21:53 +0100, kqr wrote:

Faichem at Invergarry is pretty good.
You can fish for free on the west bank
of Loch Oich which is about a mile from
the site.

Nearby, Post Office, Garage, Small General Store,
Hotel/Pub [country style] and the cheapest water
ski ing in UK + other activities.

Could I add the Hoddom Castle site, in Dumfries and Galloway.
The estate has the fishing on the River Annan which borders the site.
Excellent for sea trout from about June onwards, with the odd salmon
in July, numbers rising to a peak in October.
Pretty good still water fisheries in the area as well, both game and
coarse.

Cheers
Ian D

Old September 25th 04, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
garmon

Thank you all for your suggestions..I'm already looking forward to it, and
it will help the coming months pass by a wee bit easier.

Regards,
Steve.