Lurker coming out the shadows

Old September 23rd 04, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

Default Lurker coming out the shadows

Good eveningto everyone on here....

been reading this newsgroup for a few weeks now and thought i should say
hello. Myself and my wife have just purchased a 2004 Stirling Europa
490...we then realised that the sports car wouldnt tow it and went and got a
Volvo S60 diesel...after 2 not as good as they looked in the brochure
holidays, and with a little one on the way in feb we grabbed on to child
hood memories and took the plunge..

SO complete novices but hopefully with good choices in kit we are taking the
plunge. As i said have been lurking but glad i found this group as learning
lotsfrom you guys so thanks to everyone

will try and be a constructive supporter to this group

Lloyd

Old September 25th 04, 01:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

"Sarah and Lloyd" wrote in message
Good eveningto everyone on here....

will try and be a constructive supporter to this group

Lloyd

Hi,

I tend to lurk more than I post too... in this group anyway. There are
some very helpful people in these parts. so from a semi lurking groupie
hello and welcome. Mines a Caffreys ;-) Re introduced ourselves to
Caravanning last August 2003.. this year with some inspiration from group
members I took the Plunge and did 3 weeks touring of France 1700 miles
return. First time out of the Country but I'm only 32 years young. Still
lots of places in the UK to explore but needed somethin big to look forward
too. Can't wait to go again... also planning a few more local trips.

Lee D

Old September 25th 04, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"Sarah and Lloyd" wrote in message
Good eveningto everyone on here....

been reading this newsgroup for a few weeks now and thought i should say
hello. Myself and my wife have just purchased a 2004 Stirling Europa
490...we then realised that the sports car wouldnt tow it and went and got

Volvo S60 diesel...after 2 not as good as they looked in the brochure
holidays, and with a little one on the way in feb we grabbed on to child
hood memories and took the plunge..

SO complete novices but hopefully with good choices in kit we are taking

the
plunge. As i said have been lurking but glad i found this group as

learning
lotsfrom you guys so thanks to everyone

will try and be a constructive supporter to this group

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd

we have camped and caravanned off and on for years- usually with my fathers
caravan. We also tended to have a main holiday each year, often driving to
France for a Eurocamp type holiday.

Almost a year ago we finally took the plunge and bought our first caravan.
This has involved a big change in our lifestyle and there are some things we
still haven't resolved- storage and another towcar for instance.
Nevertheless we reckon we are going to have about 35-40 nights this year for
roughly the same cost as our normal 14 in France.

It has been good now we have our own caravan to occasionally have a weekend
somewhere with my parents.

We have also gone on a couple of meets with people from

www.ukcampsite.co.uk

one of the great things about it are the variety of choices open to people
caravanning.
Laze around the caravan or use it for a base for an active outdoor
lifestyle. Pitch on one site for the whole season or go to a different one
every weekend. Use busy city based sites or small rural ones. The options
are there to use it as you like.

Neb

Old September 25th 04, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

Thanks guys for the comments

well big day for us as we pick the van up... got the towbar fitted thursday
and ready to rock and roll now. We were lucky in as much as we were in a
fortune enough position financially to get a tow car sorted.... best make
the most of it as we probably wont be so lucky once the baby has come...how
much is that going to cost! but yes we are looking forward to being on
holiday in the van as a young family and may we have many wonderfull breaks
both weekends and longer in it... quite like the idea of doing a trip to the
south of france in it next year

So just out of interest which is the best caravan club to join only thought
one existed but since reading this discovered there are a few... any
suggestion?

cheers

Lloyd

Old September 25th 04, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:53:54 GMT, "Sarah and Lloyd"
wrote:

So just out of interest which is the best caravan club to join only thought
one existed but since reading this discovered there are a few... any
suggestion?

The best reply is for you to join both of the big ones and see which
you prefer. My preference is for the Caravan Club with its 200 main
sites and about 3000+ CL network. Others prefer the Camping and
Caravanning club with it's 96 main sites and network of about 1000
CS's. They both cost the same and both provide good quality other
caravanning services.

(remove the spam to reply)