Ferry pricing Beware!

Old September 25th 04, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Default Ferry pricing Beware!

I have this week booked a over night return for 4x4 and van dover
calais Easter for 107. Quite happy with that.

One thing puzzeled me. How ever i tried i could not book the same trip
either on the CC web site or direct with PO and get any where near the
same price?

Even after booking direct on the phone with the CC i checked again
with PO on line and again the exact same trip 159???

CC tell me that it all up and running on both sites and there should
not be any diferance.

In passing it is not possiable to book BF Portsmouth at all either on
line or direct. Too many people too few places.

This started me looking and i discovered that Easy Jet (Stay with me)
opperate a web site cookie that when you log on gives you a low cost
the first time and after a go or two lifts the price to encourage you
to book before it get too high.

Having booked two return tickets to belfast this week for 1.45 each
way total 53 2 return tickets inc taxes. I checked this out and it
seems to be true. The price rose each time i loged on over a few
hours. On clearing the cookies out it went back to the lower price
again???

Any views?

Regards

Peter
Old September 25th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:13:35 +0100, Peter
wrote:

This started me looking and i discovered that Easy Jet (Stay with me)
opperate a web site cookie that when you log on gives you a low cost
the first time and after a go or two lifts the price to encourage you
to book before it get too high.

Having booked two return tickets to belfast this week for 1.45 each
way total 53 2 return tickets inc taxes. I checked this out and it
seems to be true. The price rose each time i loged on over a few
hours. On clearing the cookies out it went back to the lower price
again???

Thats a very useful discovery we often fly with Easyjet & Ryanair.
Thanks for the info.

Lenny