Citroen v Toyota

Old September 25th 04, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Default Citroen v Toyota

I'm shortly planning to replace my Citroen Xantia TD (no probs in 4years)
but opinions on the Citroen C5 on newsgroup weren't totally favourable, so
have looked at Toyota Avensis diesel (about 2002). Is this a viable
alternative as I can't ever remember seeing anything about this car as a tow
car? Also within Toyota blurb I can't find any mention of weight on towball.
Any thoughts and views much appreciated.
John

Old September 25th 04, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Joe Taylor

"John" wrote in message
I'm shortly planning to replace my Citroen Xantia TD (no probs in 4years)
but opinions on the Citroen C5 on newsgroup weren't totally favourable, so
have looked at Toyota Avensis diesel (about 2002). Is this a viable
alternative as I can't ever remember seeing anything about this car as a

tow
car? Also within Toyota blurb I can't find any mention of weight on

towball.
Any thoughts and views much appreciated.
John

John,

It maybe of interest to you that I just bought a C5 2.2HDI for
13k the 2.0HDI is only 12k with 3 years guarantee.The car comes with all the
trimmings cruise control .
I think the second hand Toyota will cost you nearly this amount.

Old September 25th 04, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:37:23 +0200, "John"
wrote:

Toyota Avensis diesel (about 2002).

Superb, reliable cars! Should tow just fine.

--

Paul

(Watch this space)

Old September 25th 04, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Edd Berresford

have looked at Toyota Avensis diesel (about 2002). Is this a viable
alternative as I can't ever remember seeing anything about this car as a

tow
car? Also within Toyota blurb I can't find any mention of weight on

towball.
Any thoughts and views much appreciated.
John

John,

It maybe of interest to you that I just bought a C5 2.2HDI for
13k the 2.0HDI is only 12k with 3 years guarantee.The car comes with all

the
trimmings cruise control .
I think the second hand Toyota will cost you nearly this amount.

I had an Avensis D4D, 51 Plate, for 2 years and was very happy with it,
pulled like a train, I have an 18 foot van and was fine. I now have a Carina
E Estate which seems more stable, possibly as it's an estate!
Towball noseweight was 75kg on a witter Bar.
If you do get an Avensis Hatch or Saloon I still have the Witter Towbar fro
sale.
Edward.

Old September 25th 04, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

wrote:

I'm shortly planning to replace my Citroen Xantia TD (no probs in 4years)
but opinions on the Citroen C5 on newsgroup weren't totally favourable

I did (2.1 Est to 2.2 est), and am entirely happy!! (So far...) Cruise
is wonderful.

car? Also within Toyota blurb I can't find any mention of weight on towball.

Xantia=85kg (higher than any other CAR, I think)
C5=75Kg, just like most other cars.

Old September 26th 04, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Balcombe

I tow with the older (1999) Toyota Avensis TD estate which I have had for 3
years and it copes fine easily propelling car and van to legal limits (and
would go beyond). The later diesel is supposed to be even better. The
noseweight on my car is given as 75kg but do check because I think some
later ones are 55kg? Check the weight also - I think you will find the
Avensis is quite a lot loghter than the Citroen and has a tow limit of 1300?
My estate has a kerbweight of 1330. Fortunately my aging Elddis Hurricane is
only 1060 fully loaded.