O.T. Broadband provider

Old September 25th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim Roberts

Default O.T. Broadband provider

Hi.....We are looking at getting broadband. Any suggestions on a supplier?

Tesco seems quite cheap.

Thanks

Jim & Carol R

Old September 25th 04, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

try some of the broadband newsgroups or freeserve help, freeserve windows
etc.. I am on Wanadoo and am very pleased with it.

Old September 25th 04, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Jim Roberts" wrote in message
Hi.....We are looking at getting broadband. Any suggestions on a supplier?

Tesco seems quite cheap.

Just got my box of tricks this am. from Tesco, BT switch the line on next
week.
19.97 per month , Unlimited.

Considered Wanadoo as an alternative, they have about 3 rates, something
like 18, 20 and 27, all with different limits, then extra charge.

With Wanadoo I would have to have a different outgoing e-mail address.

As I'm with Tesco I just upgrade. This coupled with no limits I'm going
with Tesco broadband.

I must addmit I do not understand what a limited service would in practice
mean to me, but you need to know if you go with a limited service.

Please reply to News Group.

Old September 25th 04, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Lunn

In article ,
says...
Hi.....We are looking at getting broadband. Any suggestions on a supplier?

Tesco seems quite cheap.

Thanks

Jim & Carol R

Try this link it has lots of up to date information about broadband in
the UK.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk

I changed from Freeserve Anytime, now Wanadoo, to PlusNet broadband as
soon as broadband became available on my exchange. At the time Freeserve
was just too expensive, Freeserve 28, PlusNet 23.

Much has changed since then though with ISPs offering a range of
products rather than just 'broadband'. Compare the products very
carefully, speed, bandwidth (ie download limit), cost of support, any
useful extras included in the price.

Apart from price, PlusNet gave me a some things that I needed such as
250mb of web space, free fax to email service, fixed ip address and
local rate support calls.

I would suggest using an ADSL router rather than a modem, particularly
if you have more than one computer in the house.

Do shop around before you buy.

Cheers
Graham

Old September 25th 04, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

I am limited to 2Gb with Wanadoo but in the last 3 weeks have only used
0.85Gb so do not see the 2GB limit as a problem.

news

Old September 25th 04, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 19:39:08 +0100, "Jim Roberts"
wrote:

Hi.....We are looking at getting broadband. Any suggestions on a supplier?

Tesco seems quite cheap.

Thanks

Jim & Carol R

I am just about to sign up for Metronet
(http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo ) they charge 10 +vat per month
which covers the first 200mb you download and then charge 0.00225 per
mb until you reach a maximum charge of 20.21+vat which equates to
4738mb in the month, if you download more you do not incur any further
charge. My Brother has been using them for the last year and the
service has been superb.
I treid them last February but BT could not provide the service as I
live too far from the exchange, but BT tell me now that since
September 1st they will provide a 512k service at any distance from an
enabled exchange.
(remove the spam to reply)