Seasonal prices

Old September 26th 04, 02:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark

Default Seasonal prices

I am looking to buy a secondhand 2 berth caravan in the next couple of
months for around 6,000. We started looking in the middle of August
but appreaciated that mid-seasons prices would be at a premium so
just scouted out what was on offer. Most of what we saw for 6,500 was
average to say the least. However this week we have been looking again
and seen a couple of reasonable vans at our original target price.
Then today we saw a very nice van for 6,000 and are tempted to buy.

Can any one tell me if there is any substantial drop in the price of
second hand vans as we head further into the winter months or is the
recent flux of end of season sales likely to be as low as they go?

Many thanks.
Old September 29th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Halley

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
I am looking to buy a secondhand 2 berth caravan in the next couple of
months for around 6,000. We started looking in the middle of August
but appreaciated that mid-seasons prices would be at a premium so
just scouted out what was on offer. Most of what we saw for 6,500 was
average to say the least. However this week we have been looking again
and seen a couple of reasonable vans at our original target price.
Then today we saw a very nice van for 6,000 and are tempted to buy.

Can any one tell me if there is any substantial drop in the price of
second hand vans as we head further into the winter months or is the
recent flux of end of season sales likely to be as low as they go?

Many thanks.

Hi Mark,

It is a business decision based on the cost of stocking the unit over the
possible length of time it will take to sell. If you have found something
really good then make a lower offer for it. Be firm with the salesman that
you will get your cheque book out, or even get it out to show how serious
you are. Salesmen are paid on commision, so even a slightly lower commision
can be attractive when there could be none. In general prices may fall a bit
further as we go further into autumn, but then the number of vans will
diminish too. Its a bit like a Dutch auction, the best ones will be snapped
up earlier.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

David