Pop tent porch awning

Old October 2nd 04, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

Default Pop tent porch awning

Does anyone have any experience of those "pop tent" type porch awnings? I
quite fancy the idea of one to use on our October holiday as they are simple
to erect and give somewhere the store the Welly boots etc.

Any advice appreciated, anyone know where I can order one from on the web at
a reasonable price?

Regards,

Paul

Old October 2nd 04, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:54:34 GMT, "Paul Westwell"
wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of those "pop tent" type porch awnings? I
quite fancy the idea of one to use on our October holiday as they are simple
to erect and give somewhere the store the Welly boots etc.

Any advice appreciated, anyone know where I can order one from on the web at
a reasonable price?

Are you referring to the 'Scenic Porch Awning' if so there is a guy
always selling them on ebay for £99 otherwise Towsure does them for
£119.
I've been thinking about one probably a bit light & flimsy for a 100
quid worth taking a chance, I wouldn't get another ordinary porch
awning I got rid of the last one it took longer to put up than a full
awning.

Lenny

Old October 2nd 04, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

Any advice appreciated, anyone know where I can order one from on the web at
a reasonable price?

Are these the ones that are made of the same material as tents and
have the springy poles? If they are I have seen them in Lowdhams at
Huddersfield and I know that they will take orders over the phone and
arrange delivery. Tel 01484 642613

(remove the spam to reply)

Old October 4th 04, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

"Lenny" wrote in message

I wouldn't get another ordinary porch
awning I got rid of the last one it took longer to put up than a full
awning.

I have to say that I'm a bit baffled by that statement. I have a Bradcot
full awning and a Bradcot porch awning - and I know which is the quicker to
put up and take down! The porch awning has only got half the poles and a
third of the pegs for a start!!

Kev

Old October 4th 04, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"Paul Westwell" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience of those "pop tent" type porch awnings? I
quite fancy the idea of one to use on our October holiday as they are

simple
to erect and give somewhere the store the Welly boots etc.

Any advice appreciated, anyone know where I can order one from on the web

at
a reasonable price?

Regards,

Paul

We have used originally a dust bin and more recently a largeish plastic bin
with a secure lid for storing wellies, dust pans, clothes lines etc. We call
it the shed.

Towsure, Lowdham,Homestead won't have the scenic until next year. Just
ordered 16.00 Monday 4 Oct from Awnings Direct, www.awnings.co.uk tel 0191
236 3156 £115 inc carriage. Cheaper than T and H, don't know about L.

Graham at Lowdnam says he put one up solo in less than 10 mins, uses about a
dozen pegs. Max height of van is 240

regards

Smiler

(I'm still here, but my first post for months)

Email replies, , expose my bald patch.

Old October 4th 04, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 15:49:05 +0100, "Uno Hoo!"
wrote:

"Lenny" wrote in message
.. .

I wouldn't get another ordinary porch
awning I got rid of the last one it took longer to put up than a full
awning.

I have to say that I'm a bit baffled by that statement. I have a Bradcot
full awning and a Bradcot porch awning - and I know which is the quicker to
put up and take down! The porch awning has only got half the poles and a
third of the pegs for a start!!

Kev

Hi Kev,
I can get the full awning up in 20 - 30 min & the fiberglass poles are
nice and light. We had a NR porch awning with heavy steel poles used
to take at least ½hr to put up plus ages to get a reasonable draught
seal to the van & was very doggey in high winds.

Lenny